Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

From scotland with love

From scotland with love

Old Oct 28th 2014, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

vilguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From scotland with love

Ok its not quite the same as the bond novel I guess.

Hi I am Paul and myself, along with my wife and sprogs are looking to abandon life here in the UK and start a glorious sunshine filled one over in Canada. It's what the adverts promise after all

Ive been studying the forum for a while and reading lots of articles, hoping to start our application through the new 2015 express entry in January. Cannot wait to get started!

I am a little worried due to my lack of formal qualifications in my industry (mechanical design) might hold me back. Though I have 15 years experience and my CV reflects this with working my way up from the shop floor. I was also unsure if there would be much call for my experience in the Defence, Nuclear and Waste Water industries or if the market might be a little flooded over there (no pun intended).

Anyway I look forward to entertaining discussions and hopefully we will be successful.

Cheers

Paul & Samin
Old Oct 28th 2014, 6:08 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From scotland with love

Hello Paul and Samin, welcome to BE
You sound like you have probably already found the Canada section of the site but in case you haven't
Canada - British Expats
The BE Canada wiki is very informative and useful
Category:Canada : British Expat Wiki
Yell out if you need a hand with anything. Good luck with your plans
Old Oct 28th 2014, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Bourbon, Yep already posted a thread up there.

Im having to mind my more usual colloquialism's from my forum use. Im trying to sound all proffesional
Old Oct 29th 2014, 12:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mate. Just get stuck in . They are a tough bunch in there but have large hearts of gold really.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 2:05 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Ta very much!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

My sister lives in Elgin, Scotland..Good Luck with your move. I am currently in the U.S looking to move back to Scotland..What makes you want to move away from U.K if you don't mind me asking?
Old Oct 29th 2014, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by morayeel
My sister lives in Elgin, Scotland..Good Luck with your move. I am currently in the U.S looking to move back to Scotland..What makes you want to move away from U.K if you don't mind me asking?
ah if only it were as easy as a house swap eh.

Uk, doesnt feel like home. Up in the Scottish highlands I was happy but still I feel it will be better for us as a family in Canada rather than the UK. The UK is full of racism, homophobia, drunken idiots and violence.

All something every other country has of course! but I have seen a notable difference to things here in the UK in my short lifespan, let alone go back a few more years. Right wing policies are becoming more and more likely, and I hate that if you work hard you get penalised so that the scum who has been on benefits his / her whole life seems to be better of than you.

but hey dont let me put you off!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,I came over to Canada in 2007 from Edinburgh.Its a great country ,it has its problems as well like any country.You say you lived in the highlands, well you should be used to the winters then as it gets extremely cold in certain parts of Canada!Good luck with the future.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul & Samin ... welcome to BE! Good luck in your quest to come to Canada.

Oggy
Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

cheers guys

just sorting out some cheap flights and rental car stuff so we can get over and have a shooftie around

tempted to ship a bike over instead (the wife has always fancied a bike road trip)
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody rides motorcylce in winter if thats when you are planning your trip
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

hahaha no! my days of winter riding are somewhat limited these days. Ive been spoilt with car ownership

Plus I think my wife would cut off my privates if I suggested it!

I do the 140 mile commute to work on a gsxr1000 occasionally, if its not wizzing it down!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok,all the bikes are put away for winter and I know in Manitoba at least you still have to pay the insurance for those 6 months or so when your bike is off the road.Its a good idea to come over and have a look around,I did.Where are you planning to visit.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 6:50 pm
Banned

Jason Harper is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome i am kind of new here too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.