Reload this Page >

Scotland to Australia

Scotland to Australia

Old Mar 12th 2017, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

stomel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scotland to Australia

Hi

We are hoping to move to Melbourne in January 2018, subject to medicals.
My husband and I are both 48 and our daughter is 17. Sadly our 19 year old son will be staying behind to complete his University degree.
I am sure we will have many questions along the way - especially concerning our 2 dogs - but for now we will spend time reading and getting to know the forum

Last edited by stomel; Mar 12th 2017 at 1:25 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2017, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotland to Australia

Good morning and a warm welcome to the world of BE

How exciting and upsetting that you are emigrating to Australia. Never easy to have a chick leave home and set up their own nests. In your case, doubly difficult because of the great distance. There are many expats who can commiserate with you about this turn of events.

May I direct you to our Australian forums which are chock full of information on emigrating to the land down under as it was once called here in the US.

Australia - British Expats

There are sections in that forum for your general questions, as well as questions about the immigration process, setting up household, etc.

Have a read, please, of our site rules. They are few in number but help to keep things on an even keel.

Again, Welcome!
Old Mar 12th 2017, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

stomel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome. I actually read the site rules before joining
Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by stomel
Thanks for the welcome. I actually read the site rules before joining
Good one. You'd be surprised how many don't bother with that bit of light reading.

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of BE from me down in New Zealand.

Rete's already guided you to our Oz forum so no need for me to repeat that.

ps - If I was younger Id have given Melbourne a go.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 3:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary