Richmond, VA

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:56 pm
Saxon

TerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really nice
Default Richmond, VA

G'day!

Although I'm new to the forum, I've been over here for about 25 years. I moved over here after leaving the RAF, and marrying my American penfriend. We lived in Surrey for a while before making the move, and have lived in Central Virginia ever since.

Terry
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richmond, VA

Welcome to BE!

25 years, pretty good going
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:24 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the expat forum. I bet you have loads of inside information to give to those lost souls looking to move to the states.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TerryVA
G'day!

Although I'm new to the forum, I've been over here for about 25 years. I moved over here after leaving the RAF, and marrying my American penfriend. We lived in Surrey for a while before making the move, and have lived in Central Virginia ever since.

Terry
Hello Terry and welcome to BE.

I see you've already found your way way into the US forms. We have a great crowd of folks who post in there...but it's as well to keep in mind that the British sarcastic sense of humour is rife. So please take some of the comments with a pinch of salt.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7. There is at least one moderator assigned to each forum...their names can be found on the bottom right hand side of that forum's index page. Mods' names are written in bold font and concierge's names in standard font.

I look forward to seeing you in the US forums. Give me a shout if you need any further help.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:34 pm
Saxon

TerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really nice

Thanks for the welcome. I expect that my sense of humour/sarcasm will be better received here than locally. The natives are never sure if I'm being serious!

My accent is still present after all this time, I'm told, though I think I'm somewhat mid-ocean. Listening to the BBC keeps me current. <g>

Terry
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TerryVA
Thanks for the welcome. I expect that my sense of humour/sarcasm will be better received here than locally. The natives are never sure if I'm being serious!

My accent is still present after all this time, I'm told, though I think I'm somewhat mid-ocean. Listening to the BBC keeps me current. <g>

Terry
I know people who have lived here for 40+ years and still have their accent.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:30 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard Terry.
I am sure you will have lots to offer those folks making the move to the US.
I know what you mean about the humour thing !!

Dread - x