Reload this Page >

Retired from UK to South Africa

Retired from UK to South Africa

Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

alansnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retired from UK to South Africa

Hi fellow expats,
I am a Brit, my wife Connie is from The Netherlands, and we are in our early 60's. After working in various countries in Europe, as a data management consultant, I have been working in Cape Town since 2007. We both like it so much here that we have decided to sell up in Europe and retire to the sunny Cape.
My hobbies are enjoying good food and wine, so lucky for me that my wife's hobby is cooking, especially Indonesian food, which is where she is originally from.
Through this expats forum, I hope to be able to help other expats with any issues related to 'moving/working/living abroad', and all associated matters, (and I might ask the odd question too!)
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:41 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retired from UK to South Africa

Hey, welcome to the forum. Looks like you have found the Africa forum on here already, which is the place for you. If you get stuck with anything on the forum, just shout, won't you.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan,

Welcome to BE!!! I hope you enjoy being part of our community.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:30 am
Just Joined

MattOC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, newbie here. Irish but living in London right now but spent many years in SA between 1978 and 2000. Wife is South African, though we did meet in Notting Hill and got married in Hammersmith! Getting close to retirement age ourselves now and thinking of making the move back to SA next year.
Probably one thing we got right (thanks to the wife) was keeping a place in Cape Town that is now ours so the call is getting stronger. No kids so we spent years working in hotels around the world. Looking forward to getting back to the Cape and doing some more Argus tours. Also looking forward to chatting to like minded souls on here!
Regards
Matt
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:55 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MattOC and welcome to the forum.

Sing out if you need a hand with anything.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 3:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

PGS33156 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Am in the USA and hope to be retiring in 6 or maybe 7 years from now and was wondering how much a person would need to retire in South Africa on a modest budget per month in ZA Rand ? Comment are welcome.....
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:16 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PGS. I see that, since writing this post, that you've posed the question in the Africa section of the forum - and that's really the best place in order to get a response. Hope everything works out for you