Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello all, UK to USA in 7 years, how?

Hello all, UK to USA in 7 years, how?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

rigpig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all, UK to USA in 7 years, how?

Hi there all!

Just registered, I’m almost 15yrs into my 22 years of service to her Majesty.

My better half is in management of a large US company in the UK/Europe office.

We're both UK citizens, 35 43 respectively, both in good health with no Children.

I would like help to try and plan a future post Military in the US.

We have visited the USA a bit over the past 13 years both on holiday and with work. From Florida (don’t start on me, I know) to Texas, New york, Washington, Dayton OH, Las Vegas, and lots of strange Military places I don’t remember.

How can we spend my last few years in the mob making our dream a reality?

Thanks for reading

Rigpig

Last edited by rigpig; Oct 28th 2011 at 7:51 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all, UK to USA in 7 years, how?

Originally Posted by rigpig
Hi there all!

Just registered, I’m almost 15yrs into my 22 years of service to her Majesty.

My better half is in management of a large US company in the UK/Europe office.

We're both UK citizens, 35 43 respectively, both in good health with no Children.

I would like help to try and plan a future post Military in the US.

We have visited the USA a bit over the past 13 years both on holiday and with work. From Florida (don’t start on me, I know) to Texas, New york, Washington, Dayton OH, Las Vegas, and lots of strange Military places I don’t remember.

How can we spend my last few years in the mob making our dream a reality?

Thanks for reading

Rigpig

Hi there and welcome to BE.

Why don't you come over to our US Forums and say hello? Our members are scattered all the over the US...they will be pleased to help answer any questions you may have about life in America. From what you have said it may be possible for your husband to get a company transfer to the US. I suggest you post questions about visas in the US Immigration and Visas forum.

Please take time to take a look in the BE Wiki...it's a great source for information. Also please read through any stickied threads that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Bob, MsElui and penguinsix.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 28th 2011 at 9:45 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemar
Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

Dayton, Ohio, eh? My husband is from Dayton. That's not usually top of the list of places to visit - did you visit Wright Pat by any chance?

Please don't hesitate to ask if I can help you find your way around the site. Best of luck with your future plans!

Kaffy
Old Oct 29th 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

rigpig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Hi and welcome!

Dayton, Ohio, eh? My husband is from Dayton. That's not usually top of the list of places to visit - did you visit Wright Pat by any chance?

Kaffy
Yeah we did, massive base, and the Museum was realy good.