Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Renewing a British passport that expired 2007

Renewing a British passport that expired 2007

Old Jan 30th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Summerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really nice
Default Renewing a British passport that expired 2007

I am living in the USA and have been remiss in not renewing my British passport which expired in 2007. Does anyone know if I should request renewal through a specific British Embassy in the US. Also what form/forms I should request?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a British passport that expired 2007

Originally Posted by Summerscalesa
I am living in the USA and have been remiss in not renewing my British passport which expired in 2007. Does anyone know if I should request renewal through a specific British Embassy in the US. Also what form/forms I should request?
Hi there...welcome to BE.

If you go to the British Embassy website you can download the relevant forms from there. The website tells you which forms you need. If you have any further questions please post them in the US Forums.

Before you post please read through any announcements or stickied threads that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page...there is a stickied thread about UK PPs. Also take a little time to look at the BE Wiki...there's loads of useful info in The Wiki.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui..

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Summerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really niceSummerscalesa is just really nice

Thanks for the quick response.

Followed your advice. Do you happen to know if taking US citizenship precludes one from re-applying / regaining a British Passport?

Regards
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the quick response.

Followed your advice. Do you happen to know if taking US citizenship precludes one from re-applying / regaining a British Passport?

Regards
No it doesn't. There are plenty of us duallies here.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

One other thing, well if you search out the passport threads, you'll know by now, but you can just use US sized passport photos and the Embassy will cut them down to size and they don't need to be counter signed unless you've significantly changed in appearance.

http://www.epassportphoto.com/ and print them at home or Target or what not.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE,

I hope you enjoy being part of our community. The topic of UK passports comes up often in our USA forums so I am sure you will find lots of info. Also here is the link to the passport information page on the British Embassy, Washington's website.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:50 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Forum....