Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Taiwan

Relocating to Taiwan

Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Liana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really nice
Default Relocating to Taiwan

My family and I are relocating to the Far East next year to one of three possible locations but it will most likely be Taiwan.

We have a toddler and have been very impressed by reports on the education system. I can't seem to find much else though...

Are there many expats in Taiwan? I'm hoping that with a company move and relocation of other English families we should be quite well supported. I'd be very interested to hear anyone elses experiences too!

Liana
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:04 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Taiwan

Hi Liana and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including the Far East can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I'm not sure to be honest what goes on on BE as far as Taiwan is concerned. Have a look here http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59 at the Far East section and also use the search function and enter Taiwan to see what comes up.

Alistair.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liana Berkshire To Taiwan
My family and I are relocating to the Far East next year to one of three possible locations but it will most likely be Taiwan.

We have a toddler and have been very impressed by reports on the education system. I can't seem to find much else though...

Are there many expats in Taiwan? I'm hoping that with a company move and relocation of other English families we should be quite well supported. I'd be very interested to hear anyone elses experiences too!

Liana
Hi there and welcome to the site.

Alistair has given you the link to our Far East forum...why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

Please shout out if you need any help...there's usually someone around to help 24/7.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liana,

Sounds like an exciting move. I have a friend who used to live in Taiwan and she enjoyed it there. Best of luck with the move.

PS to Jerseygirl: I lervvvve that avatar
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Liana,

Sounds like an exciting move. I have a friend who used to live in Taiwan and she enjoyed it there. Best of luck with the move.

PS to Jerseygirl: I lervvvve that avatar
Well thank you kind sir.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 4:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

You're very welcome. Actually I am a female little monkey, heh heh.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Liana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really niceLiana Berkshire To Taiwan is just really nice

Was your friend an expat? I'm not going to meet anyone else who may be relocating until Feb/Mar next year.

Would love to hear from your friend if she is an expat, I can't find any other experiences, especially a female point of view!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by bakedbean
You're very welcome. Actually I am a female little monkey, heh heh.
Good...you don't eat mice.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Liana Berkshire To Taiwan
Was your friend an expat? I'm not going to meet anyone else who may be relocating until Feb/Mar next year.

Would love to hear from your friend if she is an expat, I can't find any other experiences, especially a female point of view!
Yes she is expat (not British). I'm afraid she doesn't post on this forum. I have tried

If you've got any specific questions about Taiwan, let me know on here or in the Far East section is probably better, as you may find someone on there keeping quiet - it happens sometimes. Or if you'd rather, you can PM me (if you've done 3 postings?) and I'll ask my friend. I'll have to have another try at luring her on here.