Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Recommend a country for us to emigrate to?

Recommend a country for us to emigrate to?

Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommend a country for us to emigrate to?

Originally Posted by wim121
Hi all. We would like some advice off expats and those who have visited or lived in certain areas of the world. I would be grateful if you could read all of this, understand us better as people, then recommend what you think may suit us?

The problem is, we have been making preparations to leave the UK, but it is hard to find a country that seems to be the right fit. We want to find somewhere to live out the rest of our lives, somewhere we will be happy.

If I could list requirements and not to be intolerant, prejudice or hateful, but what we list is just the way we feel, what we are looking for and looking to avoid, could you recommend anything? I think it would be best for us to be honest even if our views arent politically correct, otherwise how can people recommend something suitable?

We are a young white british couple in our late twenties. We will both have degrees and work in IT, but would maybe like to teach. Conservative in morals but strong in our choice of morals (we generally keep our views to ourselves but have strong ones). We are more of the people, that agree in monogamy, homemaker and breadwinner, strong family values with children being nurtured instead of abandoned. We want to live in a conservative country, not as harsh as muslim culture, but in our opinion, they are more on the right tracks than liberal free loving countries in the west. We would like to live in a beautiful area, not too remote, but away from large cities. Somewhere with land to raise a family.

We disagree or dislike; homosexuality, children born outside of wedlock, the welfare state especially people getting pregnant as a teenager or being "disabled", political correctness and overbearing liberals, high crime rates/lack of respect of peoples property, dangerous dogs/pets that are uncontrolled and bylaws not enforced, profiling males as deviants and stripping away their legal rights, nanny states teaching children overtly sexual things at the wrong age or being arrogant in an overbearing way and various other problems.

I have had issues with africans/african-americans/carribeans and find them extremely racist on the most part. I dont care about peoples skin colour, but I dont want to move to a racist country that feels its acceptable to stone children just because they're white (one of the reasons why I wouldnt go back to the carribean, even though I could). The worst thing is, people dont even acknowledge racism against whites exist.

Requirements:
- We will be looking to adopt, so that needs to be an option.
- Need access to UK or similar/better healthcare as the other half has an eye condition that may need treatment or monitoring.
- Reasonable house prices.
- The ability to have only one parent working.

Countries we've ruled out (perhaps, for now):
- Canada: I do like it, have distant family already there, but for me, its too cold/damp/snowy, half the country is full of french people and it seems a bit boring. Looking at pictures of toronto's depressing concrete towers makes me feel suicidal.
- France: Everything about the french revolt me, nice country, Ideal in fact, shame about the inhabitants, cuisine, etc.
- Germany: I dont think I could ever bring myself to live in Germany because of past history.
- Japan: In our opinion, possibly the worst place in the world. We like some of the east and have had asian friends, but we hate evey aspect of the japaenese culture.
- Greece: Love the country and climate is nice (apart from dustorms), people are warm, but the main thing that killed this idea was the economic situation is so bad there.
- USA: I doubt we'd meet the requirements, even if we did, they are only a couple of decades behind the social decline the UK has.
- Italy: Just really dont like the people and although its nice, it isnt as great as everyone makes out in our opinion. We cant see why people love it so much.

Countries we like from what we've found out:
- Australia: Looks/sounds nice. They seem a bit liberal with their sexuality but nowehere near as bad as the west. Heard that attitudes to pms is going a bit sour and that concerns us. All the posionous creatures concern us, but hey. Have family near perth and adelaide.
- New Zealand: Out of everywhere, like the look of the Northland province the most, warm enough all year round. Everything we read and heard from kiwis we liked, such as their attitudes towards everything such as sexuality for instance. However, hearing some flippant comments lately about NZ being a police state has me worried. I dont want to move from one overbearing liberal westernised culture to another.
- Malaysia/Thialand: Only just realised in last few months, its easier than we thought to emigrate to. Unsure though as we cant find too much information and dont know people from those countries.

Any additional information or views on the countries we may like?

We really would appreciate input from everyone ...
Try Tora Bora. Or do you have a problem with beards too?
And I'd say South and Central America are out too...as you have a problem with Germans.....

Last edited by Alexa; Feb 28th 2011 at 11:20 am.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

Well, when you do finally make up your mind, can you please be sure to let us know so none of us end up with such bigoted, narrow minded and quite frankly, a little stupid (if you think you'll find all of that anywhere other than Antarctica, then good luck) pair of supposed human beings as neighbours.
'We like to keep our opinons to ourselves' Yeah, me too, what religion are you by the way? Thought of a cult? I hear there might be a plot of land in Waco. Oh and if you took offense, tough, I took offense at the being born out of wedlock crack.....well, for all of a second when I realised it was either a wind up or you're both on medication.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:49 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Vatican City.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:50 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Well, when you do finally make up your mind, can you please be sure to let us know so none of us end up with such bigoted, narrow minded and quite frankly, a little stupid (if you think you'll find all of that anywhere other than Antarctica, then good luck) pair of supposed human beings as neighbours.
'We like to keep our opinons to ourselves' Yeah, me too, what religion are you by the way? Thought of a cult? I hear there might be a plot of land in Waco. Oh and if you took offense, tough, I took offense at the being born out of wedlock crack.....well, for all of a second when I realised it was either a wind up or you're both on medication.
Oi! Waco's only 40 miles north of me!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Vatican City.
By George you've got it

Methinks troll though!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 4:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Vatican City.
Won't be allowed in if they're Protestants...
Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

wim121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Is this a wind up/troll??
Originally Posted by MegaJamie
You may find it hard to fit in to many places, though the fact that you say you are not the type of person to try and force your views and morals on others and just hold them to yourself is probably a good thing for you.
Originally Posted by bakedbean
You're only in your 20s. Go do some travelling around and get a feel for other countries. You've got a helluva lot of likes and dislikes in your list and, frankly speaking, Utopia does not exist, believe me.
Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Try the Moon
Originally Posted by Meow
So bigoted and narrow-minded, yet so young...
Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Funny Enough I was going to suggest inventing a Delorean Time Machine and try london in the Dark Ages.
Originally Posted by Alexa
Try Tora Bora. Or do you have a problem with beards too?
And I'd say South and Central America are out too...as you have a problem with Germans.....
Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Well, when you do finally make up your mind, can you please be sure to let us know so none of us end up with such bigoted, narrow minded and quite frankly, a little stupid (if you think you'll find all of that anywhere other than Antarctica, then good luck) pair of supposed human beings as neighbours .... well, for all of a second when I realised it was either a wind up or you're both on medication.
Oi! Waco's only 40 miles north of me!
As I said in the very first post, this was supposed to be an issue on finding a conservative country with family values as a focus, which is safe for white people to live.

I did so without using any offensive language either.

Those are the requirements. I am well aware that utopias don’t exist. However, I would presume some country exists that aren’t completely infected by liberals.

But the problem with all of you that posted hateful comments, is you are so intent on following the crowd like sheep, never thinking for yourself, that you whinge about conservative values being oppressive and fascist.

Yet you are so intent on telling people who they are not allowed to vote for, how they shouldn’t feel that it makes you the biggest load of fascist overbearing people in society.

As far as I’m concerned, liberals can have whatever values and morals they like but the reverse isn’t true. Have any of you read 1984? The entire book would probably elate you and have you cheering.

Also if you think any respectable person in the community can change things for the better, you're delusional. People are so afraid of being politically correct; the real issues grieving many members of society can never be addressed.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wim121
As I said in the very first post, this was supposed to be an issue on finding a conservative country with family values as a focus, which is safe for white people to live.

I did so without using any offensive language either.

Those are the requirements. I am well aware that utopias don’t exist. However, I would presume some country exists that aren’t completely infected by liberals.

But the problem with all of you that posted hateful comments, is you are so intent on following the crowd like sheep, never thinking for yourself, that you whinge about conservative values being oppressive and fascist.

Yet you are so intent on telling people who they are not allowed to vote for, how they shouldn’t feel that it makes you the biggest load of fascist overbearing people in society.

As far as I’m concerned, liberals can have whatever values and morals they like but the reverse isn’t true. Have any of you read 1984? The entire book would probably elate you and have you cheering.

Also if you think any respectable person in the community can change things for the better, you're delusional. People are so afraid of being politically correct; the real issues grieving many members of society can never be addressed.
Who's telling you who you're not allowed to vote for? Are you talking about the BNP?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As this forum is for introductions only...it would be best if the OP opens a new thread to discuss suitable countries in the appropriate forum.

Thread closed.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 28th 2011 at 5:36 pm.