Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Recently Emigrated

Recently Emigrated

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recently Emigrated

Hi all

Just found this forum - I emigrated from UK 6 months ago to US. Still finding my feet I received my work authorisation but still waiting for a green card - which means I can't leave the US. That's ok for the most part, though I miss my family, but I'm waiting to make a quick trip back home. Meanwhile, lots to see and do here

Just wanted to say 'hello'

Shezi
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recently Emigrated

Hi Shezi...welcome to BE.

I was going to ask you to join us in the US forums...but I see you've already beaten me to it. Where do you live? I think we have most states covered by BE members...including Hawaii and Alaska.

Family and friends are what most of us miss the most...closely followed by British chocolate, tea and TV programs. After a while you will find stores that sell a few British products and a way to watch TV programs.

You will see we also have a US Meet-Ups forum. If you are interested in meeting other BE members...take a read through the threads to see if there is anyone in your area...or open a new thread.

I look forward to seeing you over in the US forums.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shezi and welcome to the forum Hope you're enjoying Tennessee.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys - thanks for being so welcoming. I didn't fall off the planet - we left Knoxville (where we live, JG) last week for CO where my husband has run 2 storage spaces since he moved down here. With my storage still in the UK it was just too many! So we drove it in a truck from the Springs to Knox: 1500 miles in a truck, that's gotta be half way across the States! Got in at midnight - great trip though

Shezi