Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

A Real Stumper (for me anyway)

A Real Stumper (for me anyway)

Old Jan 19th 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

artemisbluebell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile A Real Stumper (for me anyway)

Just joined the group although have been an expat now for a few years.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
I am trying to get car insurance for a car I imported back home from Spain. Have done all the conversion work which was minimal and now just have to get the right documents to register it in the UK.
Having real problems getting insurance either because of the car or because I am in Cairo.
Any advice would be great.
Thx
ArtemisB: confused:
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:16 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Real Stumper (for me anyway)

Hi Artemis

First of all welcome to BE.

I take it from your post that you have a vhicle in the UK which you brought here from Spain. I cn't give you a definitive answer to your question but I would suggest you try MORETHAN insurance - they seem to be a better than average insurance company so they may insure your vehicle.
If they turn down insuring your vehicle they may be able to avise you of another company who will offer you insuance.
Failing that, the Department of Transport may be able to advise which insurance companies will insure overseas vehicles.

Just google MORETHAN and it will give you their website. Google will also give you the DoTransport website as well.

Hope this helps and all the best with finding a company who will insure at a reasonable price

Dread - x
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

When I was in the UK I imported a LHD from France, registered it in the UK and had great difficulty finding insurers but eventually found that Tescos were good. When I brought it over to Spain and re-registered it they maintained my insurance cover until I had completed everything and had found an insurer in Spain.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:45 am
Just Joined

artemisbluebell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rosemary.
I will try contacting them direct when I get back to the UK in February. I have also contacted MoreThan by email and they have asked me to phone them.
Apparently there is a website where you can get short term temporary insurance so I will check that out too.