Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

quick into.....

quick into.....

Old Oct 24th 2015, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

completelocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quick into.....

Hi guys. mid (late) 40 something guy and 40 year old girlfriend. Majorca lovers. I have yet to experience the mainland, but my g/f has done a couple of the costas. Avid watchers of the usual place in the sun shows and love them.

I'm an auto locksmith with a shoe repair/key cutting shop near Warrington, g/f works for the council in the care side of things.

We like the idea of buying a business in Spain, probably mainland somewhere. We are talking in around three years when the daughter has left school. I'm here just to get the usual info and research, talk to people, find answers, the usual stuff. Maybe even make some friends.

My idea situation (if there is such a thing) would be a hire place, bikes, scooters, mobility stuff etc, or buy into an auto locksmith business. Keeping options ope and look forward to expanding the old knowledge bank.

Graeme
Old Oct 25th 2015, 12:29 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quick into.....

Hello and welcome to the forum

If you haven't already done so, do check out the Spain section of the forum and have a chat with those who are resident there. You can follow this link below:
Spain - British Expats
Old Oct 25th 2015, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi completelocks and welcome to the forum. Good thinking in starting your planning early. It's hard to just put a pin in a map and say thats where we are going.Advice is always to check the places out before you move,and do it at different times of the year. Majorca in winter is totally different to Warrington in winter,not only from the weather point of view but from the lack of tourists(and therefore work) and things to do.I have a friend who has run a B&B on Majorca for over 16 yrs.She loves it, but finds the climate in summer almost unbearable now.So much so she is reluctantly planning to leave the island.Humidity combined very hot weather is a big factor in some parts of Spain.Reason we came to Portugal!!! Lots of your questions answered on the Spanish site..good luck.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 9:55 am
Just Joined

completelocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

We've done Majorca in the mid summer and it does get hot. The only thing that is making us doubt Majorca is the quiet winters when everyone stays away. But like I said, there's a few things to factor in to a decision. Till then I'll just keep learning the Spanish and doing the odd recon holiday