Reload this Page >

Planning to move to San Diego

Planning to move to San Diego

Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Just Joined

princessyoga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning to move to San Diego

Hello all,

My dh and I planning to move with our 2 1/2 year old daughter from Belfast to San Diego, California as soon as it is feasible. We are still in the early stages.

I am a American/Irish dual national and DH is Irish. Our DD is also a dual national.
I moved to almost 11 1/2 years ago. I was still a student so my knowledge of being an adult in America is pretty low. I was referred to the this site but some of my friends from American expats.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to move to San Diego

Hi & welcome aboard

We've got your covered with most of your quesitons, I'll bet; check out the wiki link in my signature for info on the visa part of it anyway!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi & welcome aboard

We've got your covered with most of your quesitons, I'll bet; check out the wiki link in my signature for info on the visa part of it anyway!
Thanks for the welcome. This site seems to have loads of information.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the welcome
Old May 15th 2010, 12:50 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

San Diego is great, you will love it!!!!! Think outside the bun when it comes to where you live...dont get too tied into the city itself. The county areas have a lot to offer.
Old May 15th 2010, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SDDep
San Diego is great, you will love it!!!!! Think outside the bun when it comes to where you live...dont get too tied into the city itself. The county areas have a lot to offer.
I think the expression is "outside the box", otherwise it would be terribly messy to think "outside of the bun".....
Old May 15th 2010, 1:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I think the expression is "outside the box", otherwise it would be terribly messy to think "outside of the bun".....
You're so Canadian.
Old May 15th 2010, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SDDep
lol. I love San Diego. I am from San Diego and most of my family (my mother, 2 sisters and many aunts and uncles) is there. I moved to Boston for boarding school and uni in my teens. My dad is on the big island of Hawaii (but there aren't many jobs at the best of time unless you live on Oahu). At first I wanted to live in the city (Kensington, Tierrasanta, Talmadge, OB or Normal Heights). We have expanded our search to La Mesa, Santee, Eastlake and other areas). I keep telling myself you can get loads more for you money, petrol is cheaper and I can still drive a smaller car. Do you have any other suggestions? My mom and sisters were going to take me around to look at houses and pre-schools when I go back for my holiday.
Old May 17th 2010, 5:57 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would stay out of the city (meaning downtown/north park/OB/MB/Clairemont etc)..no offense to anyone who lives there..

I was with the city PD so i have a good idea about the areas. There are some nice parts, so don't get me wrong, it depends on what you want. It also depends on where you will be working/going to school.

East county and north county have some lovely areas, lots of space and good people. Eastlake and those parts of Chula Vista are very nice also.

I'd stay out of Santee/Lakeside due to an un-desirable mentality (just my opinion) of some residents. Poway is nice, as is RB and Penasquitos. If you have kids, the schools are key.
Old May 17th 2010, 5:58 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by willmore

Hahahaha...too funny...you are quite right...unless your a taco joint...hence outside the bun
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw this thread.

Wow. So many people moving to sunny SD