Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Pedropat, new boy on the block.

Pedropat, new boy on the block.

Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

pedropat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pedropat, new boy on the block.

But, far from fresh out of the box - bread & brought up in London during the 39-45; moved out, & lived most of my life (gratefully, quietly ) as a Kentish Man, with an apple orchard.
Brought my villa in Javea, as a holiday home , got the bug & retired in to live hereĀ“97. growing oranges. Let me say there is no money in it, the work, water & fertilizer, gobble any profit Now, I have difficulty giving them away!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:00 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pedropat, new boy on the block.

Hi Pedropat

Welcome to BE.
If I knew where Javea was I would come and sample your free oranges !!

Apologies I am normally pretty good on geography but where is Javea ? Once I know I can put you onto the roght forum to chat with other expats in you neighbourhood.

I like your droll introduction by the way -

Dread - x
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Kind of you Dreadsoc, thanks for the welcome.

Javea is the nipple of Spain, jutting into to Mediterranean, an hour, by car, South of Valencia Airport & a similar time North of Alicante Airport.

There was a WHO Report that said we enjoyed one of the best climates in the World ( reporting , not bragging ). It has changed, dramatically, in my time here, Winters are longer & wetter.

And you, where are you at ? Sue, wrote to me, could not help re. Euros as she is in USA.

Forgive me, if I stumble about, I thought I was in the Spanish Forum, already.

Regards, Pedropat
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:22 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

hello Pedropat. I guess we should've guessed Spain from the Pedro bit

If you follow this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75 that will take you to the Spain forum. Spain forum also has a nice little chit-chat section Siesta Time (I think) so take a look at that. When you follow the link, you'll see it at the top of the page.

Well if you grew up during WWII, I reckon you must be one of our most elderly posters on here. Good for you!

Which part of London did you grow up in? I grew up in Walthamstow, East London in the 50s, 60s. I don't suppose I would recognize it now.

Anyway, enjoy the forum!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:10 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to our little corner of the internet pedropat, so glad to have you on board.

If you get stuck on anything please don't hesitate to give myself, a moderator and a concierge a shout anytime.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,again Sue, for your welcome, I was the one asking about Euros.

Also, you bakedbean, mate, now you know I am a Londoner -from Clapham: I went back last Autumn, my old Troops the 12 & 14 Battersea were celebrating their centenary - quite something for Scouts.

Penang, sounds a long way off, to someone whose adventures , apart from this Bull Fighting territory, ended at the I o W. Thank you for the encouragement albeit, it sounded like Lewis Caroll " You are old Father William, the young man said . "
I am impressed by your photos, one might use a make.over.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora from New Zealand and welcome to the world of BE. Hopefully you have fund your way to the Spanish forum but please feel free to browse around the whole of BE.
Old May 1st 2011, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Muchos gracias senora (y Hola) for your Maori greeting, it is warmer than a Haka
to which one day a rugby team will retort with a "Mooney " or am too late?

Thanks for your help, I am finding my way.

My son came down & back packed all over your two islands, calling at Christchurch, to visit a school chum of his mother. He loved your Country

Is my introduction got into the wrong slot ? Where are classified rates hidden ?

Regards.
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Sue, I started a thread "Assurances " wrongly, in Introduction, you cancelled it. has it gone forever, or can you send it to the Spanish Forum, please ?
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:16 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pedropat
Sue, I started a thread "Assurances " wrongly, in Introduction, you cancelled it. has it gone forever, or can you send it to the Spanish Forum, please ?
Yep, no problem. Here you go
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

But, far from fresh out of the box - bread & brought up in London during the 39-45; moved out, & lived most of my life (gratefully, quietly ) as a Kentish Man, with an apple orchard.
Brought my villa in Javea, as a holiday home , got the bug & retired in to live hereĀ“97. growing oranges. Let me say there is no money in it, the work, water & fertilizer, gobble any profit Now, I have difficulty giving them away!
I just wanted to welcome you to BE. I hope you are enjoying being part of our community...I'm sure you'll have lots of fun mingling with fellow Brits.
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Jerseygirl, Thank you, I have been roundly welcomed in a very warm hearted way from all over the World-literally! Even N.Z., when I got lost.
My post "Alchemy" received a fire & flak, responce, lots of people, lots of fun.
Alas, there it comes to an end, no reply to my second thread,possibly I was too oblique? And know I have really blown out, had a Classified rejected - how bad can that be ?
Yourhelp, advice & guidance, back to grace, would be welcome.

Forgive the personal question, (I am fascinated by the Noms de PC, mine is man & wife )Yours ,as a Yorkshire lass, cannot be Channel Islands. nor their cattle, surely. Can it be ( here I hesitate,realizing I am on very dangerous ground) be what was once spoken of as a "Sweater girl"? Too late, after such impertinance, I should just have asked - How or Why?
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:19 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I monkey around a bit
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Pedropat, have an ex-sister-in-law in Spain. She keeps moving around so can't keep up with her. But she loves her life in Spain & is glad she & her OH moved from the UK.

I'm another Brit in NZ & a big fan of the Asterix books, as you may have guessed .
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:37 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

And know I have really blown out, had a Classified rejected - how bad can that be ?
Our free Classifieds are for non-commercial ads only

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.