Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

over winter in alcossebre

over winter in alcossebre

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

vfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nicevfrsi is just really nice
Default over winter in alcossebre

Hi All

After spending the last 8 months in a motorhome travelling the UK, France, Portugal and Spain, we decided a enough was enough, and have rented an apartment in Alcossebre Spain, over the winter.

It seems like a nice place, and trudy is getting involved in ballroom dancing and yoga, but not my scene.

I have my motorbike here now, or I would be going mad. Its a bit too quiet here and I feel wherever we go we have reduced the average expat age here by about 15 years Either that or we are going to the wrong places. Dont get me wrong, the people we have met are really friendly and helpful, but I think I am too young to retire! I think I need to work again,as I am bored! I think I miss the banter aswell.

Still we will see how things pan out over winter. At least its sunny I guess

If there are any expats in Alcossebre under 50, please let us know where you hang out

Cheers
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: over winter in alcossebre

Originally Posted by vfrsi
Hi All

After spending the last 8 months in a motorhome travelling the UK, France, Portugal and Spain, we decided a enough was enough, and have rented an apartment in Alcossebre Spain, over the winter.

It seems like a nice place, and trudy is getting involved in ballroom dancing and yoga, but not my scene.

I have my motorbike here now, or I would be going mad. Its a bit too quiet here and I feel wherever we go we have reduced the average expat age here by about 15 years Either that or we are going to the wrong places. Dont get me wrong, the people we have met are really friendly and helpful, but I think I am too young to retire! I think I need to work again,as I am bored! I think I miss the banter aswell.

Still we will see how things pan out over winter. At least its sunny I guess

If there are any expats in Alcossebre under 50, please let us know where you hang out

Cheers
Hi there and welcome to BE.

My husband took early retirement earlier this year...he thinks he's too young too. Personally I don't think you can be too young to take it easy and enjoy life.

I see you have already taken the plunge and have already posted in our Spain forums. The people who post in that forum are a friendly crowd...hopefully you will make some new friends.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need any further help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 22nd 2010 at 4:28 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:19 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi vfrsi,

I am so pleased you have joined our little community and I truly hope you enjoy your time with us and make lots of friends.

Don't forget to give one of us a shout if you have questions.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:21 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vfrsi

Welcome to BE from me too.
It's a good thing you have come here - not all us expats are oldies !! Good to see you finding your feet on the Spain forum - I'm sure you will enjoy the banter there.

Have a great warm winter and just enjoy
Dread - x