Oops, sorry!

Old Nov 24th 2014, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

alittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oops, sorry!

So sorry,

I didn't read the rules before my last post. Shouldn't have asked a question. Can I start again please?

My name is Sydney and I live in Canada although I am on a 6 month visit to the UK at the moment.

I was looking for a forum for 'foreign nationals' to ask about moving to the UK but couldn't find one. I was afraid to post in the wrong place so posted here...which was the wrong place! So sorry!

I am a second generation Canadian as my grandfather was from Lancashire...which makes me feel a little bit British. Also I have fallen deeply in love with Exmoor National Park, the most beautiful place on earth!

Anyway, I have been reading some very interesting and informative posts. Seems like a nice site...but maybe mostly for Brits around the world only (which, silly me, the site name suggests).

Off now to search for a Forum that might be the right one for me.

Thanks,
Sydney
Old Nov 24th 2014, 7:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oops, sorry!

Try here: Moving back to the UK - British Expats
Old Nov 24th 2014, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

alittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond reputealittlebitbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you BritInParis,

I looked at the Forum you mention but I think 'foreign nationals' are banned ....only for returning Brits. I am looking into applying for a UK Ancestry Visa and wanted to hear some experiences...especially from 'pensioners' (a.k.a. old people) but haven't found the right forum...if there is one.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 8:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Eh? Wot? Put away those thoughts.

Come on in. The water's freezing.

Of course you're welcome on BE. You're welcome to post into any of the BE forums . Everyone is welcome. Doesn't matter the nationality.

As BritInParis suggests, I think the MBTTUK forum is the best area to place your question. There will have been queries about ancestry visas before so more people there to try ad help out.

We do have a bunch of folk who are of the golden age variety on there also.

This one says 'over 40's' but you'll find an older age group.

Anyway, just take the plunge and see what comes up.

Any problems , give me a shout.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

We are not fussy introduce yourself on the thread BEVS gave the link to.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome From the basics it seems you're eligible for an ancestry visa as long as you've a Canadian passport. And yes hop along I'm not a brit and i'm still here
Old Nov 25th 2014, 5:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alittlebitbrit
Thank you BritInParis,

I looked at the Forum you mention but I think 'foreign nationals' are banned ....only for returning Brits. I am looking into applying for a UK Ancestry Visa and wanted to hear some experiences...especially from 'pensioners' (a.k.a. old people) but haven't found the right forum...if there is one.
Originally Posted by alittlebitbrit
Thank you BritInParis,

We do have a few people on that forum with knowledge of an ancestry visa, certainly worth asking in there.
Its not really a case of foreign nationals being banned - we welcome everyone! - more a case that because british Expats is run by and (originally) for Brits, and Brits don't need visas for the UK, we don't have the knowledge to advise on working visas in general for people wanting to move UK-wards. And to be honest we aimed the forum originally at Brits bringing their spouses home, but things have grown and moved on from there.
Also we do now have some pretty clued up posters in there and if they don't know the ins and outs of the ancestry visa enough to help, then they can point you at a couple of forums that will be able to assist

Re looking for older people's experiences, the Rovers Return subforum has a lot of us in it, and there is one really good thread about people over 40 returning home - many of the posters there have not actually lived in the Uk before, so dip your toe in and see if you can pick up some friends there
Old Nov 25th 2014, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Thank you everyone....I feel much better.

Have posted a question and already received some excellent food for thought.

Very grateful.

Many thanks for the warm welcome!