Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Old newbie - Living in Canada

Old newbie - Living in Canada

Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

sandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to all
Default Old newbie - Living in Canada

Hello folks.

I have been in Canada for 42 years and have absolutely no intention of going back to the UK. I think this place has grown on me. LOL

If I can answer anyone's questions on life here including our "wonderful" weather just ask.

Sandy
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old newbie - Living in Canada

Originally Posted by sandylns
Hello folks.

I have been in Canada for 42 years and have absolutely no intention of going back to the UK. I think this place has grown on me. LOL

If I can answer anyone's questions on life here including our "wonderful" weather just ask.

Sandy
Hello Sandy...welcome to BE.

Thank you for introducing yourself and thank you for the offer of help. After living in Canada for 42 years you'll probably be able to make a big contribution to the forums. Please feel free to contribute to the BE Wiki.

I see you have already found your way into the Canada forums ...therefore I'll give you a few useful links to help you find your feet.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

Please shout out should you require assistance with anything.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandy & welcome to BE!

You mentioned the weather (I think you might be talking about winter), so am wondering whereabouts you are in Canada. We had 32C just under 2 weeks ago in the Okanagan but Autumn is now here and we're starting to see some leaves fall.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

sandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to all

Hello and thanks for the welcome.

I live in Nova Scotia. Not famous for its glorious weather. Almost 6 inches of rain since Sunday makes for a soggy week.

We just love it here. The lifestyle is pretty laid back. Being retired now gives us plenty of time for ourselves.

Now, if we could only do something about our provincial taxes life would be great.

Sandy
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

I really do have to learn how to spell "leafs"!!

One day I hope to travel with my hubby to Nova Scotia .... a beautiful province we'd both like to visit!