Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Not big on formal introductions

Not big on formal introductions

Old Jan 10th 2017, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Just_Joy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Not big on formal introductions

I actually joined a couple of years ago but forgot (it's an age thing) and then came across this board again a couple of weeks ago.

I'm originally from Yorkshire but have resided in North Carolina, USA since 1981. I originally came on a visitor visa (no VWP back then) but while here I met my first husband. We were married for over 20 years but eventually divorced.

I was back in the UK when my father passed away and I ran into an old friend. We started e-mailing and after a few years we married. It took 15 months from the time I filed the I-130 until his visa was issued but he's been here around 5 years now.

The US is home for me, I've lived here longer than I lived in the UK, my kids and grandkids are here and I don't believe I could ever move back. He won't admit it but I think hubby gets a little homesick. I was hoping we could find some people in the area to meet up with once in a while.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 1:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not big on formal introductions

Originally Posted by Just_Joy
I actually joined a couple of years ago but forgot (it's an age thing) and then came across this board again a couple of weeks ago.

I'm originally from Yorkshire but have resided in North Carolina, USA since 1981. I originally came on a visitor visa (no VWP back then) but while here I met my first husband. We were married for over 20 years but eventually divorced.

I was back in the UK when my father passed away and I ran into an old friend. We started e-mailing and after a few years we married. It took 15 months from the time I filed the I-130 until his visa was issued but he's been here around 5 years now.

The US is home for me, I've lived here longer than I lived in the UK, my kids and grandkids are here and I don't believe I could ever move back. He won't admit it but I think hubby gets a little homesick. I was hoping we could find some people in the area to meet up with once in a while.
Hi Joy and a very warm welcome (back!) to BE. For someone who doesn't do formal intros, you did very well

How lovely that you met up with your husband while you were back in the UK, even though you were there for a sad reason. I often think that things like this are just meant to be.

As you're looking for meet ups in the US, you'll have the best chance if you post on the US forum - the meet up page is here Meet-ups - British Expats

You probably had a squizzy at the site rules last time you were here, but if not could you please have a look when you get the chance, it's something we ask all new members to do as it really does make life easier all round.

Best of luck with meeting some new expats over there Joy, and hopefully that will alleviate your hubby's homesickness somewhat.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Just_Joy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks .............. I'm afraid I'm guilty of having posted on a couple of other threads (including meet-ups) before formally introducing myself
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks .............. I'm afraid I'm guilty of having posted on a couple of other threads (including meet-ups) before formally introducing myself
That's it then - off with your head!

No worries at all.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 1:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No biggy. You carry on regardless and welcome to the Wonderful World of BE.