Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

No Longer Procrastinating

No Longer Procrastinating

Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:37 pm
Just a Walk in the Park

SoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really nice
Default No Longer Procrastinating

Hi all,

After finding this site nearly a year ago, I have finally signed on. I am already, "So there" in mind and heart so decided that would be my username after thinking of others, including, "Happy Dance" which would be my feeling once I have relocated.

I'm trying to relocate to Wales! All Welsh people, please post on the Moving to UK thread(s) you probably have answers to my questions to come.

See you on the other side...
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Longer Procrastinating

Originally Posted by SoThere
Hi all,

After finding this site nearly a year ago, I have finally signed on. I am already, "So there" in mind and heart so decided that would be my username after thinking of others, including, "Happy Dance" which would be my feeling once I have relocated.

I'm trying to relocate to Wales! All Welsh people, please post on the Moving to UK thread(s) you probably have answers to my questions to come.

Hi there...welcome to the site.

You seem to be finding your way around the forums quite well...I see you have already started posting in the MBTTUK forum. The people who frequent that forum will help you with any questions you may have about returning home.

Please shout out if you need any help. Good luck moving back to the UK.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:59 pm
Just a Walk in the Park

SoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really nice

Thanks for the welcome!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Niceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to all

Hi SoThere, my question is why Wales??
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:35 am
Just a Walk in the Park

The answer to your question, my Mother is Welsh and her whole family is there. I've been to Wales to visit, to work and that's my focus- who knows what is the driving force, it's something that has been in the forefront of my life and I have to finish the quest. Not Don Quixote, just me.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE So There

I hope you are a good singer . Which part of Wales are you planning to head for? Fairly familiar with the Lleyn Peninsula & Snowdonia region. Used to go there alot on holidays.

Good luck with your plans
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Niceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to all

What part of Wales then?

I'm from Swansea and 11 months ago moved to Ammanford.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:14 pm
Just a Walk in the Park

Thanks for the welcome, Vitalstatistix! I've been asked to "quiet down" when I sang as a kid, only because they were kidding me. No, I'm not a singer, but I do love music and was part of a children's chorus. You wouldn't find me on American Idol.

I haven't visited up your way in the North, but I hope to see most of Wales when I get the chance. I'd like to go pony trekking in the Brecon Beacons sometime.

Niceblokey: My Mom's family are in Mid Glamorgan: between Porthcawl, Bridgend, towns and villages throughout- even Port Talbot area, too.

Why would you leave Swansea, I have a photo of me and my Mom on either end of the Mermaid statue, I drove my family to Oxwich Bay, and we liked going to the indoor market in Swansea. I don't know Canada, but maybe it's for you to try out for a bit.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

I honestly don't know where to start why I left Swansea and why I want to leave the UK, I'd probably start a war.

I believe NOT ALL british people have a terrible attitude.

Having work with customers, I'm finding out just how rude, ignorant, arrogant british people are.

This is something I can't tolerate anymore as I don't have this sort of attitude, and want to go.

This country accepts people from other countries, different races, culture, religion etc. Yet because british people don't want them, they're think we're racist and so when I meet these people, they've already judged me. This puts you on edge and when you try and be friendly and honest with them, they got no time for you!.

I could go on about other things like driving, no respect for the law etc, but I've had enough here and can't wait to start a new life where people are nice and accept you no matter what walk of life your from.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:46 pm
Just a Walk in the Park

Do you have a support system in Canada, you know, family, friends, etc. This will help you settle in somewhat. Have you been to visit recently?

I've lived in different states here in the US and travelled to more than that, and people are nice and people are nasty no matter where you go. I even met a few unfriendly people in Wales. A real "toad" I think the expression is, were a few people in London, too. You can't escape human nature.

I wish you all the best. You have a lot of years in front of you and although I have no idea what your list of qualifications mean, I think they mean you are a go getter with training and drive. That counts for a lot.

Shrug off the ignorance and forge ahead. Good luck and if you change your mind, that's okay, too.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hi,

Bit late to the party, but I just wanted to pop by and say hi and welcome you to BE. I hope you are finding your way around ok.

Sue
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:05 am
Just Joined

overinmanly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi So There,

I'm from Mid Glamorgan (though its all been turned into County Boroughs now)

We're moving back in April from Manly Australia after nearly a year.

Wales is awesome, can't wait to get back home to family and friends, and normal folk.

You'll love it there, I'm sure

PM me if you need any info.
Lots of luck xxx
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:08 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Niceblokey
I honestly don't know where to start why I left Swansea and why I want to leave the UK, I'd probably start a war.

Having work with customers, I'm finding out just how rude, ignorant, arrogant british people are.

This is something I can't tolerate anymore as I don't have this sort of attitude, and want to go.

This country accepts people from other countries, different races, culture, religion etc. Yet because british people don't want them, they're think we're racist and so when I meet these people, they've already judged me. This puts you on edge and when you try and be friendly and honest with them, they got no time for you!.

I could go on about other things like driving, no respect for the law etc, but I've had enough here and can't wait to start a new life where people are nice and accept you no matter what walk of life your from.
Someone else who feels like me!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:37 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Welcome to the Forum, I grew up in and around Carmarthen although im from Kent originally. Although I left in 89 and my friends that are still there say it has no resemblance to where I grew up

Originally Posted by Niceblokey

I know Swansea well, Well I know the Army Careers Office well and a club or two that we used to travel up to from Carmarthen. When we first moved to Wales we lived on the Gower and I went to "Ysgol Gynradd Pennard" for a couple of years. Anyroad I don't think "rude, ignorant, arrogant british people are" can just be excluded just to British Folk, I would be inclined to say it is more indicative of the global culture today and of growing up. People have become less tolerant with more individually motivated lifestyles and culture changes as quickly as you age but individuals are prone to comparing how life should be from one point in time normally this comparison point is set in our childhood and nothing will every be like that again. Nowhere is perfect and we have it a lot better than some folk in the world.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Feb 18th 2011 at 8:41 am.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As this thread seems to have gone a little off track and the OP is now posting in the MBTTUK forum I am closing this thread.