Reload this Page >

Newly Qualified Social Worker want to move to Australia

Newly Qualified Social Worker want to move to Australia

Old Jul 26th 2017, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

ChrissyAdeleke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly Qualified Social Worker want to move to Australia

Hi everyone.

I am a newly qualified social worker, I have no work experience aside from my placements.
I'm 23 so I have never really worked, just went straight from doing my degree to doing my masters.
I have a 3 year old son and I really want to permanently stay in Australia with him and my partner.
My partner is an Engineering Technologist and he has been in Melbourne on a graduate visa but that expires in 6 months.
He hasn't had any work experience related to his field and so he doesn't have enough points to apply for the 189 PR visa.
I thought I could be the main applicant due to my social work degree. I am doing my Ielts in a few days.
My question is: has anyone (Social Workers) had a positive assessment by the AASW without the 3 years work experience and been granted the 189 visa?
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newly Qualified Social Worker want to move to Australia

Hi Chrissy, welcome to BE.

This area is primarily for introductions and welcomes, so the best place for your question will be the Australia forum.

BTW please take a moment to review the BE rules, linked at the right hand end of the yellowish menu bar above.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

ChrissyAdeleke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newly Qualified Social Worker want to move to Australia

Hi,

Ok thank you. I will do so.