Newish to BC!

Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Cuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really nice
Default Newish to BC!

Hello All, My husband and I moved here just twelve months ago and I am still trying to find my way around. We love Canada and have family here, but it is so different than England!! Not as much choice and higher prices!!! Getting to grips with a lot of things, but one thing that really irks me is the lack of a decent hairdresser. I really wish I could find a good one. I have short hair so you think it would be easy? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Anyway if anyone out there can tell me of a good one relatively close to Langley it would be appreciated. I have been reading some of the postings and saw one saying how long it was taking to get her PR. Well I did not marry a canadian and it took us three and a half years being fast tracked!!!! It was a process and a half!! But it was worth it and we are settling in!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newish to BC!

Originally Posted by Cuddles545
Hello All, My husband and I moved here just twelve months ago and I am still trying to find my way around. We love Canada and have family here, but it is so different than England!! Not as much choice and higher prices!!! Getting to grips with a lot of things, but one thing that really irks me is the lack of a decent hairdresser. I really wish I could find a good one. I have short hair so you think it would be easy? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Anyway if anyone out there can tell me of a good one relatively close to Langley it would be appreciated. I have been reading some of the postings and saw one saying how long it was taking to get her PR. Well I did not marry a canadian and it took us three and a half years being fast tracked!!!! It was a process and a half!! But it was worth it and we are settling in!
Hi there Cuddles...welcome to BE.

I know exactly what you mean about hairdressers...for years I used to wait until I went back to the UK to get my short hair cut. In between visits I used to chop away at it myself. Then low and behold I found a hairdressers about 1/2 mile from my house and have been going there ever since.

We have several members who live in BC...although I don't know about Langley...but if you repost your questions in the Canada Forum someone may be able to help you.

Before you begin to post please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there about Canada.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:38 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Hope you get to find a good, trustworthy hairdresser........I know exactly what you mean, I made my OH come with me to my first visit to the hairdressers in NZ .......not sure what he would have done / said if she'd made a hash of it ....luckily it was ok....ish!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Welcome to BE Hope you get to find a good, trustworthy hairdresser........I know exactly what you mean, I made my OH come with me to my first visit to the hairdressers in NZ .......not sure what he would have done / said if she'd made a hash of it ....luckily it was ok....ish!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:15 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cuddles

Welcome to BE.

Hope you find a good chopper soon.
I am in Goa, India, at present - and as you can imagine I would not let anyone near my hair with scissors out here!

All the best in your search

Dread - x
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I have the most fantastic hairdresser, although he's in Abbotsford. I'd highly recommend him though. I have short hair too and I know how much of a pain it is to find a hairdresser that can work short hair! PM me if you want details.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Cuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really niceCuddles545 is just really nice

Hi Minimeeze

Yes would like details please, Abbotsford not that far away. Are his prices reasonable as I am taking courses at the moment and do not have a wage coming in!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by minimeeze
I have the most fantastic hairdresser, although he's in Abbotsford. I'd highly recommend him though. I have short hair too and I know how much of a pain it is to find a hairdresser that can work short hair! PM me if you want details.
Hello Again!!
Can't go to PM until I have at least 3 posts!! Hence I just did a quick reply!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

http://www.renaissancehairandbody.ca/hair_main.html

Forgot to mention that if you are on Facebook, check them out as they often do last minute Facebook only deals where you may be able to a get a very reduced price hair do!