Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newcomer from Texas

Newcomer from Texas

Old Sep 13th 2016, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newcomer from Texas

A short background, born in UK to US parents in the 1960's. Dad was career US Air Force. Never thought I was a British citizen until in my 20's, went to London on vacation and the UK customs entry agent saw my place of birth in my US passport as United Kingdomm, yes misspelled with 2 m's, and asked me if I had a British passport. No, I said, why would I? Because you are a British citizen. He passed me through and when i got back checked with British consulate in Houston, and what do you know, I'd been a dual citizen my entire life!
Old Sep 16th 2016, 12:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomer from Texas

Welcome to BE.

Nice story. so you hope to move there one day?

A couple of years ago I was talking to a young lady working in a store. When she realized I was British she said she would like to move to the UK...but couldn't as she was a USC. Turned out her father is British...but didn't realize she is British by descent.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute

No, but I do like visiting the UK. I've been multiple times and been all over, from Dover to Edinburgh to Caernarfon.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 7:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

BTW your British passport allows you to live and work anywhere in the EU. You are one very lucky devil.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

A running joke in my family is the day I retire here in the US, I'm going to fly to Heathrow and ask the entry border agent " all right where's my old age pension and my free health care!"