Reload this Page >

Newcomer say Hi. Living in Singapore and Iskandar Johor

Newcomer say Hi. Living in Singapore and Iskandar Johor

Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

gregoryhi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newcomer say Hi. Living in Singapore and Iskandar Johor

Hi All,

i am living in Singapore and Iskandar Johor!! i love it! i am willing to share a lot of my views around Singapore and Johor. anything please ask me. =)
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomer say Hi.

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2012, 1:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomer say Hi. Living in Singapore and Iskandar Johor

Originally Posted by gregoryhi
Hi All,

i am living in Singapore and Iskandar Johor!! i love it! i am willing to share a lot of my views around Singapore and Johor. anything please ask me. =)
Hi Gregory,

Welcome to BE. I see you are finding your way around ok. Please let myself, the Moderators or Concierges a shout if you get stuck on anything.

You might want to also give the Site Posting Rules a quick glance so you will also know what is, and is not allowed

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy being part of BE
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Simon3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Hi Greg
must have been a massive step. im thinking of taking a similar step with my family. very nervous. sounds like it worked for you!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:10 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum

This thread you've added your post to is just about a year old. If you pop over to the Singapore section and the Malaysia section, you can find some more up to date posts.

You'll find threads on Iskandar region in both sections as, I'm sure you are aware, there are a load of expats making the move from Singapore to Iskandar. So do please join in with the discussions.

Are you currently based in Singapore?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just a PS to my posting last night. Just a couple of threads you can read and maybe tag onto?

This one is very current: 64 days till Nusajaya
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784814

This one: Moving to Nusajaya
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772580

This one: Nusajaya - East Ledang
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=Nusajaya

This one: How is Life in Nusajaya
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=Nusajaya

See you over in the Malaysia section
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:34 am
Just Joined

brutap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Hi. - thanks for offering info. I (with family) am thinking of moving to Sing and if I did my intentions would be long term. On this basis I heard if you want to buy property, Iskandar is cheaper than Sing.

Questions:
1)If you reside in Iskandar but work in Sing where do you pay income tax.
2) What are the laws for buying a car (do you have to drive into Sing or is public transport OK) and if public transport is OK can you buy a car and just keep it in Iskandar for weekends - are you allowed to drive into Sing at weekends? Are there are taxes on buying a car in Iskandar like there are in Sing
3) If you pay income tax in Malaysia what are tax rates?
Thanks!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brutap
Hi. - thanks for offering info. I (with family) am thinking of moving to Sing and if I did my intentions would be long term. On this basis I heard if you want to buy property, Iskandar is cheaper than Sing.

Questions:
1)If you reside in Iskandar but work in Sing where do you pay income tax.
2) What are the laws for buying a car (do you have to drive into Sing or is public transport OK) and if public transport is OK can you buy a car and just keep it in Iskandar for weekends - are you allowed to drive into Sing at weekends? Are there are taxes on buying a car in Iskandar like there are in Sing
3) If you pay income tax in Malaysia what are tax rates?
Thanks!
Hi Brutap and welcome to BE

Gregoryhi has not been on the forum since end of 2012, so you are probably best to ask these questions on either the Malaysia or Singapore forums

Malaysia - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=148

Singapore - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131
Old Sep 10th 2013, 12:21 pm

Hi brutap and welcome to the forum

There are a lot of threads about living in Iskandar and working in Singapore. There was one thread only a few days ago that covered most of your questions, so do have a good read through the Malaysia and Singapore forums. Old.sparkles has provided links above. Most of the threads are in the Malaysia section but some in Singapore section.

Happy planning