Newbie here!

Old Jan 1st 2016, 5:50 am
Just Joined

mugshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie here!

Hi all,

Just joined as I am about to move from the UK to the Netherlands so thought this would be a great place to gain knowledge and meet likeminded people!
I'm excited and nervous about the move but life is about adventure so had to take the opportunity when it came my way! I am moving with my wife and 1 yr old daughter
Old Jan 1st 2016, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie here!

Originally Posted by mugshot
Hi all,

Just joined as I am about to move from the UK to the Netherlands so thought this would be a great place to gain knowledge and meet likeminded people!
I'm excited and nervous about the move but life is about adventure so had to take the opportunity when it came my way! I am moving with my wife and 1 yr old daughter
As with everywhere, there are things you will like and also dislike in the Netherlands.I lived there with my familyfor3 years and was sad to leave , as we were transferred.The really great thing that sticks in my mind (apart from the wonderful pancakes on wet winters day) is that things actually work as tney should do.Just follow the rules and customs and I think you'll get along fine. At least make an effort to learn their language, it will be much appreciated, even if they do insist ( out of politeness) in replying in English. Good luck!
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 3:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Welcome to BE.

I have very fond memories of my time in Holland. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 4:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Another welcoming wave to the BE forums.

I love the Netherlands. Unfortunately, have only visited a few times but each time I look forward to going again.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

mugshot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thank you for your warm welcomes. I'm really looking forward to the move, my wife is more apprehensive but I am sure she will love it. We plan on learning the language, we are not sure how our daughter will fair when she starts talking g though as we already have two languages at home! English and Bulgarian
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thank you for your warm welcomes. I'm really looking forward to the move, my wife is more apprehensive but I am sure she will love it. We plan on learning the language, we are not sure how our daughter will fair when she starts talking g though as we already have two languages at home! English and Bulgarian
Dont worry, children have no problems speaking various languages at the same time; I wish I had had the opportunity when I was very young, as kids brains are like sponges, that just soak up everything. I'm sure you will find you've made a good decision. Get yourselves bikes, leave the car at home, and enjoy the life there!