Newbie Hello

Old Feb 6th 2017, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

sibantam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie Hello

Hello everybody

My wife and I are in the process of selling our house and then plan to do some travelling before hopefully starting a new life in British Columbia near my wife's Father and Stepmom.
The plan is to set up a Yoga/Fitness/Outdoors retreat (my wife's a Yoga teacher and I'm a Personal Trainer with a military background). We would like a property with a couple of acres within about an hour of the nearest town but we plan eventually to try and become as off-grid as possible.
Any suggestions on towns/villages, any guidance on becoming self-sufficient or any general guidance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to chatting and learning from others - Simon.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie Hello

Hi Simon and a warm welcome to BE. Thanks for introducing yourself and telling us about your plans, which sound extremely interesting!

BE's Canada forum is the place you'll be able to talk with expats over there, you can find it here Canada - British Expats

As a new BE member, could you please have a read of the site rules when you get the chance. BE moderators are your 'go to' people if you run into any problems, their names can be found in the bottom right hand corner of each forum's index page, in bold font.

Best of luck with your plans and I hope you'll be updating your journey, I'd love to know how it goes
Old Feb 7th 2017, 5:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie Hello

Hi Simon and welcome to our world. Okay, I'm not a Brit and I didn't emigrate but still this is a great place to make friends and find information when you are immigrating to a new country. Luckily for you, your spouse is a Canadian citizen (hope this is true) and you have in-laws who are familiar with the area you are planning to go to.

Enjoy your stay with us and if you have any questions regarding the site or any problems navigating, please give a holler to one of the mods who will be happy to assist you.