Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie doing some research :D

Newbie doing some research :D

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

BadgerBox is a jewel in the roughBadgerBox is a jewel in the roughBadgerBox is a jewel in the roughBadgerBox is a jewel in the rough
Smile Newbie doing some research :D

Hi Guys and Gals of the BritishExpats.com Forum

I'm here testing the water and doing my research on a possible emigration to CANADA

I have been there twice before, mainly in Alberta (Calgary and Edmonton) both for work and recreational times and I loved every minute that I was over there.

Now, I've caught the emigration bug and I wish to move to Canada in the near future (1-2 years). Without going to much details I do have my reasons and the commitment to do this however, don't have a clue where to start I have no 'ties' in the UK and I'm possibly in the best financial situation I can think of to start!

Qualifications wise I have GCSE's and a Useless National Diploma in Public Services but no professional qualifications which would be recognizable in Canada, except a Close Protection Qualification which I obtained through my current employer.

This is more likely to be the route I would take into getting an employed job.

So, less of that, I'm off to browse the Wiki

Cheers

Last edited by BadgerBox; Sep 3rd 2011 at 9:19 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie doing some research :D

Originally Posted by BadgerBox

I'm here testing the water and doing my research on a possible emigration to CANADA

I have been there twice before, mainly in Alberta (Calgary and Edmonton) both for work and recreational times and I loved every minute that I was over there.

Now, I've caught the emigration bug and I wish to move to Canada in the near future (1-2 years). Without going to much details I do have my reasons and the commitment to do this however, don't have a clue where to start I have no 'ties' in the UK and I'm possibly in the best financial situation I can think of to start!

Qualifications wise I have GCSE's and a Useless National Diploma in Public Services but no professional qualifications which would be recognizable in Canada, except a Close Protection Qualification which I obtained through my current employer.

Cheers
Hi there....welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and for taking the time to read through the The BE Wiki. I hope you found the information in there useful.

We have several excellent Canada forums. If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. I recommend you repost your questions about immigration to Canada in that forum. The people who post in the Immigration forum will give you help and advice about moving to Canada. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please shout out if you require help with anything...there is usually someone around to lend a helping hand.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:03 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Badgerbox

Just to add welcome to BE from me too and good luck with your plan to move to Canada

Dread - x
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome - come on over and join us in the Canada forums.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:18 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgerBox

Cheers

Hello and welcome BadgerBox,

I've only lived in Québec and later Ontario ... you'll find the west much more English, and to such an extent that British Columbia even drove on the near side within living memory. A mate who went on to Alberta about 10 years ago, has often mentioned how he enjoys a better standard of living there than he would in Ontario. And British Columbia has the advantage of the mild weather and ample rain ... just like the UK with mountains

Sounds as if this may be an ideal and exciting time for you to give such a move a go.

With every good wish,
Christian