Reload this Page >

Newbe moving to West Auckland

Newbe moving to West Auckland

Old May 11th 2012, 5:45 am
Just Joined

LornaBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbe moving to West Auckland

Hi there,

I am Lorna and I have 2 children aged 2 and 4, and a husband who comes from Auckland although he hasnt lived there since 1997 and we are heading back to Auckland (I have never lived there) in about August this year. We have just gone under offer with our house and I am feeling a bit anxious about it all and would like some advice on schools if anyone has any knowledge on schools in west auckland (primary) and has any views on freyberg community school or tirimoana school I would appreciate it. Also if there is anyone who is over there or still in the UK travelling over there I would like to hear from you! I have no one in NZ so be good to strike up some friendships!! What is the job market like in NZ at the moment? I am a PA so will be looking for some work when we get settled I have been trying to get a job in London for the past year but with childcare costs in London it has been really tough so I am hoping I will be more successful in Auckland as childcare doesnt seem so expensive.
Old May 11th 2012, 5:54 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbe moving to West Auckland

Hi Lorna

Welcome to BE.
It is bound to feel a bit daunting when moving to the other side of the world, but I see you have already found your way to our NZ forum, where you can chat to lots of other expats living and working there. There are plenty of them in Auckland so I am sure it won't be long before you start making some new friends, and getting lots of useful tips and advice to help you settle in once you get there. And all of them know exactly how you are feeling at the moment as they have been there themselves so you will be in good company.

In the meantime I wish you all the very best with your impending move

Dread - x
Old May 12th 2012, 6:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2012, 5:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LornaBee,

Welcome to BE. Are you finding your way around ok?