New to Yanbu

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
Just Joined

TREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really nice
Smile New to Yanbu

Good Morning

I have just arrived in Yanbu as PM for a construction company.
Accomodation is top priority, followed by sports activities.
Looking to play tennis and squash if there is any one out there.
I realise Yanbu can be difficult, but I have been working overseas for 35 years, with my last spell in KSA being over 20 years ago and that was in Dammam
Look forward to any feed back positive or negative
Regards
Trev
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Yanbu

Originally Posted by TREVORCOX
Good Morning

I realise Yanbu can be difficult, but I have been working overseas for 35 years, with my last spell in KSA being over 20 years ago and that was in Dammam
Regards
Trev
Hi there and welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. If you click here it will take you directly to our Middle East forums. We have a very lively bunch of expat members who reguarly post in the ME forums...so why don't you take a look around the forum and join in?

If you find yourself a little lost navigating the many BE forums...we have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if I can be of any further help
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE trevor, hope you have been finding your way around ok, good luck with the new job!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 2:26 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trevor

I see Jerseygirl has pointed you in the direction of the Middle Esat forum, where I am sure you will find some kindred spirits, and may even make some new friends in Yanbu.
That just leaves me to say Welcome to BE - and to encourage you to jump in and get posting and enjoy the fun.

Dread - x
Old Sep 4th 2010, 3:35 am
Just Joined

circumpunct is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TREVORCOX
Good Morning

Regards
Trev
Hi Trev.

There are only two choices. Arabian Homes or the Cove. Both come up on Google.

The Cove is a newly-built compound with tennis courts, squash courts, volley-ball, basketball etc. It has a private lagoon and beaches inside the compound. It is a westerners-only compound. Cove is in the Royal Commission, near the shopping malls and the only western school.

Arabian Homes is an older compound, way out in the desert. A bit dusty and hotter than on the coast, and some polution at times. It's downind of a chemical plant. It has tennis courts. No squash I think. Could be wrong. They admit all nationailties and consequently its a bit 'Islamic' - you won't see any ladies in the swimming pools unless they are feeling brave. It's also a very long drive from the Royal Commission, probably about 20 to 30Km, depending on where you work.

Arabian Homes is a little bit cheaper as you might expect, but apart from work, the compound will be your life in Yanbu. Nothing else to do there and nowhere to go, so probably best to spring for the Cove unless you are on a miserly accomodation allowance.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 4:25 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Circumpunct

Welcome to BE, and thank you for coming on here with information to help another new member. That was really nice of you.
I take it from your knowledge that you are also in Yanbu or somewhere in the region? If so, why not join in on the Middle East forum too? If you haven't already, you will find it by pressing the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page, then scroll down and you will find the Middle East which you double click on. It's a good way to make new friends and I am sure you have a lot of good tips and advice to offer new members relocating to your area.

Thank you again and hope to see more from you

Dread - x
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:42 am
Just Joined

circumpunct is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Circumpunct

Welcome to BE, and thank you for coming on here with information to help another new member. That was really nice of you.
I take it from your knowledge that you are also in Yanbu or somewhere in the region? If so, why not join in on the Middle East forum too? If you haven't already, you will find it by pressing the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page, then scroll down and you will find the Middle East which you double click on. It's a good way to make new friends and I am sure you have a lot of good tips and advice to offer new members relocating to your area.

Thank you again and hope to see more from you

Dread - x
No longer in Yanbu. Was there until recently.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:14 am
Just Joined

TREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really niceTREVORCOX is just really nice

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Welcome to BE trevor, hope you have been finding your way around ok, good luck with the new job!
Many thanks for the mails appreciated. I went over to the Cove yesterday and had a look but have to speak to the manager --Brian it seems
Also went to the Holiday Inn and Arabian Homes. Also have to wait til maybe after Ramadan/ Eid.
I am working in Yanbu itself on a tunnelling project all over the city/ town .
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

zeeshanqureshi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trev
If you have settled down in Yanbu, I will be happy to join you for the game of Squash. let me know when you are available..
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeeshanqureshi
Hi Trev
If you have settled down in Yanbu, I will be happy to join you for the game of Squash. let me know when you are available..

Welcome! You'll find some useful links in my post #2 which will help get you started in the Middle East forums.

Please shout out if you need any help...welcome once again.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by zeeshanqureshi
Hi Trev
Hi Zee

Welcome to BE and great to see a couple of kindred spirits linking up.
Enjoy the game

Dread - x
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

rossbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

welcome, i just moved here on 2nd jan 2011 still havent came accross many expats, living in arabian homes where the facilitys are great, looking to start a football team here in yanbu so would like to hear from anyone interested, or anyone just looking to meet more expats!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by rossbrown
hi

welcome, i just moved here on 2nd jan 2011 still havent came accross many expats, living in arabian homes where the facilitys are great, looking to start a football team here in yanbu so would like to hear from anyone interested, or anyone just looking to meet more expats!!
Hello rossbrown...welcome to BE.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

rossbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks jerseygirl!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.