Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

NEW & WANTING TO GO HOME ASAP!

NEW & WANTING TO GO HOME ASAP!

Old Oct 26th 2010, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

BritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to all
Default NEW & WANTING TO GO HOME ASAP!

HI I THOUGHT I WAS NEW BUT IT SAYS I'VE BEEN HERE A WHILE. MUST'VE FORGOT PASSWORD AND NEVER COMEBACK. SO REALLY I'M NEW!

I LIVE IN TX AND DESPERATELY WANT TO GO HOME TO THE UK.

JUST DON'T KNOW HOW WITH MY CHILD BORN IN TX & JOINT CONSERVATORSHIP & NOT ENOUGH $ FOR A FANCY LAWYER. I'M SIGNED UP WITH HOUSTON VOLUNTEER LAWYER PROGRAMME BUT STILL WAITING. LONESTAR LEGAL AID SAID THEY'RE UNDER STAFFED.

ANYWAY, I AM A HARD WKG SINGLE MUM & HOPE TO MEET NEW FRIENDS HERE ALONG THE JOURNEY HOME...
=))

I'LL FIND OUT WHERE I POST MY QUERY SO YOU CAN ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS IF YOU KNOW OR CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

THANKS!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW & WANTING TO GO HOME ASAP!

Originally Posted by BritGirlinTX
HI I THOUGHT I WAS NEW BUT IT SAYS I'VE BEEN HERE A WHILE. MUST'VE FORGOT PASSWORD AND NEVER COMEBACK. SO REALLY I'M NEW!

I LIVE IN TX AND DESPERATELY WANT TO GO HOME TO THE UK.

JUST DON'T KNOW HOW WITH MY CHILD BORN IN TX & JOINT CONSERVATORSHIP & NOT ENOUGH $ FOR A FANCY LAWYER. I'M SIGNED UP WITH HOUSTON VOLUNTEER LAWYER PROGRAMME BUT STILL WAITING. LONESTAR LEGAL AID SAID THEY'RE UNDER STAFFED.

ANYWAY, I AM A HARD WKG SINGLE MUM & HOPE TO MEET NEW FRIENDS HERE ALONG THE JOURNEY HOME...

=))

I'LL FIND OUT WHERE I POST MY QUERY SO YOU CAN ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS IF YOU KNOW OR CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

THANKS!

Hello and welcome to BE.

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament...made even worse by being homesick. Have you obtained dual citiizenship?

I think you would be best to repost your questions in our US Forums...the good folk who frequent that forum should be able to help you.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

BritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to allBritGirlinTX is a name known to all

Thanks! I am a british citizen on a greencard. my kids were both born in the US. i have sole legal and physical custody of my older one. It's the baby I have joint conservatorship for in TX. And we were just in the UK 2 yrs ago and don't know WHY we didn't stay...

I don't know how to get them their British passports. Every time I think I've downloaded the right forms I second guess myself and then it all seems so overwhelming and I get stuck.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGirlinTX
Thanks! I am a british citizen on a greencard. my kids were both born in the US. i have sole legal and physical custody of my older one. It's the baby I have joint conservatorship for in TX. And we were just in the UK 2 yrs ago and don't know WHY we didn't stay...

I don't know how to get them their British passports. Every time I think I've downloaded the right forms I second guess myself and then it all seems so overwhelming and I get stuck.
I see you've already started asking questions in the US forum. I could be wrong but I think both children will need their father's signature on the forms to get US and UK PP. As US citizens they are required to depart and enter the US using US PP. Although they can enter the UK using US PP they will then only enter as visitors. This can be changed later but from what's been posted on here in the past it is much easier for them to enter the UK with UK PP. Also I imagine it would be easier for you to obtain their father's signature whilst you are still here.

I see you've not obtained US citizenship...it really is a good idea to do so whilst you can. That way the door back to the US is always open to you. You may not feel you want it left open but what if your children want to move back...you never know what may crop up in the future.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It will be less confusing for everyone if all the replies go into one thread here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691104

thanks