Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New User - Brit looking to up sticks!

New User - Brit looking to up sticks!

Old Dec 9th 2014, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Maggie83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New User - Brit looking to up sticks!

Hi everyone. I only just joined this forum today and im hoping a few friendly folk may be able to help.
Im currently in the UK (im British!) but in 2015, i just want to take a plunge and really want to move. Specifically to Canada or the US (California).
Im in my early 30's and im a qualified nutritionist (educated to MSc level) and health trainer.
Iv trailed the internet looking at agencies/recruiters that may deal with jobs around these parts of the globe for Brits like me but all i tend to stumble across are copious jobs boards that are out of date and/or there's no real substance or people to contact behind anything....so im guessing i must be going wrong somewhere.
I was hoping someone may know of the right people or organisations i can get in contact with to help me make the first step and start putting some feelers out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 9th 2014, 6:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New User - Brit looking to up sticks!

Hi and welcome to BE

first I think you would find it very difficult to obtain visa for US but you could ask the lovely folks in the US forum
US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas - British Expats

again the people in the Canadian forum will be able to assist and let you know their thoughts on your eligibility for Canada

Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) - British Expats
Old Dec 9th 2014, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your help! Il follow those threads!
Old Dec 9th 2014, 7:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

I'd stick with Canada though as the US is less likely to lead to a visa, unless you're minted or have a close relation that is a US citizen.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Haha - well not minted and don't have a close relation so the heads up is helpful.

Thanks a lot!