Reload this Page >

new to BE in trieste, italy

new to BE in trieste, italy

Old Apr 9th 2011, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

stargazer33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post new to BE in trieste, italy

Hi all,
I’m David, actually a real triestin who spent many years in the UK and now it’s been a couple of years since I got back home. After having lived for several years in Ireland and then in the UK I dare say my English is reasonably good with an okay accent, so I’m not looking for native-speakers to improve my language skills as I’m happy with them as they are. However, I love your language and miss talking in English every day and sometimes realy miss Britain & Ireland. I’d love to make new friends who are from the UK or Ireland, or any other English speaking country for socializing, friendship, going out for a pint or simply a coffee. Of course, for those willing I can help you with your Italian (or even Triestino) and give you an insight into the local way of life.
Well, this is my first posting on this site so not quite sure how it works. I only hope to get someone’s reply. Thank you for your attention.
Cheers
David
Old Apr 9th 2011, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to BE in trieste, italy

Originally Posted by stargazer33
Hi all,
I’m David, actually a real triestin who spent many years in the UK and now it’s been a couple of years since I got back home. After having lived for several years in Ireland and then in the UK I dare say my English is reasonably good with an okay accent, so I’m not looking for native-speakers to improve my language skills as I’m happy with them as they are. However, I love your language and miss talking in English every day and sometimes realy miss Britain & Ireland. I’d love to make new friends who are from the UK or Ireland, or any other English speaking country for socializing, friendship, going out for a pint or simply a coffee. Of course, for those willing I can help you with your Italian (or even Triestino) and give you an insight into the local way of life.
Well, this is my first posting on this site so not quite sure how it works. I only hope to get someone’s reply. Thank you for your attention.
Cheers
David
Hello David and welcome to BE!

I'm very glad you found us. We have a group living in Italy on the site. I would recommend starting here if you're hoping to meet up with Brits for a pint or coffee. (psst, should that be tea?)

Please don't hesitate to ask if we can help you find your way around the site. Within the Italian section, feel free to seek out Moderator Lorna at Vicenza or Concierge Testarossa.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Kaffy
Old Apr 9th 2011, 3:53 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Cheers
David
Hello David and welcome to the forum.
Come and join us in Italy. There are plenty of friendly Brits there who post regularly, living in all parts of Italy and we always welcome an Italian's view on what we think of Italy. Mostly we all love the food, drink and weather but hate the red tape and crazy drivers
Some of us work here and some are retired. Some of us have kids in schools here so there is always something to talk about.

My daughter is off to Trieste on Tuesday for a school trip. She's going to visit the Grotta Gigante and the Castello Miramare. We live in Veneto and I've never personally been to Trieste. I think we have some members in Trieste.
Kaffy has already pointed you in the right direction so click on her link and I'll see you in Italy.

Ciao.
Lorna
Old Apr 9th 2011, 4:07 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi David

Welcome to BE from me too.

Dread - x
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

stargazer33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Hello David and welcome to BE!

I'm very glad you found us. We have a group living in Italy on the site. I would recommend starting here if you're hoping to meet up with Brits for a pint or coffee. (psst, should that be tea?)

Please don't hesitate to ask if we can help you find your way around the site. Within the Italian section, feel free to seek out Moderator Lorna at Vicenza or Concierge Testarossa.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Kaffy
Hi again,

well, thank you all for your quick reply, wasn't sure I'd get one so fast. Looking forward to getting to know you guys better. (and Kaffy you're absolutely right when talking to Brits one shall say tea...oops sorry but you know I've been back in Italy for too long now so I fogot about the tea ;-)
Old Apr 10th 2011, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

well, thank you all for your quick reply, wasn't sure I'd get one so fast. Looking forward to getting to know you guys better. (and Kaffy you're absolutely right when talking to Brits one shall say tea...oops sorry but you know I've been back in Italy for too long now so I fogot about the tea ;-)
Just teasing you. Hey, you're in Italy, it's all about the wine, right?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Cheers
David
Hi...welcome to BE. Why don't you pop over to the Italy forum and join in with the banter? We have a fantastic group of people who post in that forum...I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of the community.