Reload this Page >

New to Riyadh!

New to Riyadh!

Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

steelydankatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Riyadh!

Hi All,
I recently moved to Riyadh, from the UK. I've been here a month today and am an English Teacher contracted to work for a year at the University in Riyadh.I just wanted to say hi to any expats out there of any nationality and any good tips or information on things to do and see in Riyadh gratefully received!! Would love to hear from any new friends.Please feel free to get in contact and say hi, I'm here for a year so plenty of time to say hi!
Kate
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Riyadh!

welcome to BE!

Check out the ME section, there's plenty of info about, though the wiki is more geared towards the UAE, it's still worth a gander
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:31 pm
Ray

Ray Ray-london is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Im totally new to this site!

I moved here December 2008 but been going back and fourth to London as I stilll have not been issued my Iquama here even though my husband has one!

Well I am housewife as I cant work here! and Bored! so would love to meet new couples or females friends who I can share the same experience with!

Have made a few friends here but from the middle east and its not the same would love to meet a british person to be able to make my life bit easier living here!

Thanks !
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to you both!

If you're looking for others in the Middle East, there are three forums for you starting here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:17 am
Ray

Originally Posted by meauxna
Welcome to you both!

If you're looking for others in the Middle East, there are three forums for you starting here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60
Thanks witch wanda!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info - I've had a look at the ME section and it's really useful!
Much appreciated
Kate

Originally Posted by Bob
welcome to BE!

Check out the ME section, there's plenty of info about, though the wiki is more geared towards the UAE, it's still worth a gander
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Hi Ray Ray London,

I hope that you get your iquama soon, I am sure you've become the most amazing cook etc whilst you've been here if you're having to be based at home!

I'm hoping to get a group of ladies together through this site from all different backgrounds who want to meet regularly for a catch up a coffee or who would like to go on a few outings and shopping trips and the like.

I am based on a compound where there are few social activities so I'm hoping to create a new social life whilst in Riyadh. It would be great to meet regularly and just chat and have a bit of fun! I am in the process of trying to get to some salsa classes at another compound for a change of scene. Maybe this can be extended out if there is enough interest here in Riyadh?

Anyway, lovely to receive your email and if you'd like to chat more please let me know and I can let you have my email addrss.

Enjoy the weekend!
Kate

I moved here December 2008 but been going back and fourth to London as I stilll have not been issued my Iquama here even though my husband has one!

Well I am housewife as I cant work here! and Bored! so would love to meet new couples or females friends who I can share the same experience with!

Have made a few friends here but from the middle east and its not the same would love to meet a british person to be able to make my life bit easier living here!

Thanks ![/QUOTE]
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:55 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by steelydankatie
Hi Ray Ray London,

I hope that you get your iquama soon, I am sure you've become the most amazing cook etc whilst you've been here if you're having to be based at home!

I'm hoping to get a group of ladies together through this site from all different backgrounds who want to meet regularly for a catch up a coffee or who would like to go on a few outings and shopping trips and the like.

I am based on a compound where there are few social activities so I'm hoping to create a new social life whilst in Riyadh. It would be great to meet regularly and just chat and have a bit of fun! I am in the process of trying to get to some salsa classes at another compound for a change of scene. Maybe this can be extended out if there is enough interest here in Riyadh?

Anyway, lovely to receive your email and if you'd like to chat more please let me know and I can let you have my email addrss.

Enjoy the weekend!
Kate

Thanks !
[/QUOTE]
Thank you Kate!

I have become a Fairly good cook, sucked before was really bad! so i am thankfull for that at least.

your Idea sounds great I would love to do something like that, would be a great change. would love to have your email to stay in touch.

hope you have a good weekend too!