A new one

Old Aug 13th 2014, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Adamsiddle1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A new one

Hi everyone, I am just looking for some answers on emigrating abroad for not only job prospects but better quality of life.

I'm 23, married and have 2 daughters and I'm a groundworker, have all my CSCS, CPCS (machine tickets), first aid etc and the pay isn't the worse over here but I want a better quality of life for our kids and bring them up somewhere nice. I'm also starting a distance learning part time course for BSc Honours in computing & IT(design and software development) I live in Grimsby, a small town in Lincolnshire and we just hate it and we've been talking about the idea of moving away for a couple of years just never fully committed and now I feel like we are at a stage we're if we don't do it now we never will.

I've done a little research and from discussing with the wife, Australia is a bit to far we want to stay around Europe preferably. What I want to know is the most beneficial places to go, taking into account lifestyle and job prospects/salary.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 13th 2014, 12:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A new one

Hello and welcome to the forum

If you are looking at mainland Europe, what languages do you speak? I guess that would be your starting point. And what about your daughters?

How about considering other parts of the UK?

Just a few thoughts.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Adamsiddle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, currently only English but it's a long term thought so obviously learning the language or having a good knowledge of it would be done before going, along with visiting the place a few times first.

Daughters are 7 months and 2 years old, we did think about different parts of the uk but I was trying to think outside the uk.

Would it be more beneficial career and money wise abroad? Rates of pay, tax, cost if living etc. obviously this varies between countries but there must be a place we're these are better than in the uk? Everybody can't just move for the weather! Be interesting to hear from people who have made that move or know of any such places!

Thanks for your reply!!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 12:30 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

You'll need to take a look in each individual country forum on here. If it's Europe you are interested in, then check out those countries on here.

I think unemployment is pretty bad all over mainland Europe and you will obviously know that some countries have been on the brink of bankruptcy, but ask away in the Europe section. Hope it works out for you.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 7:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary