New in NOLA

Old Dec 5th 2016, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

LondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond repute
Default New in NOLA

hello, my name is Phil and have recently moved to New Orleans with my American wife. Originally from London but have spent the past five years in Oz. Just thought i'd stick my head in to say hello.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New in NOLA

Hi Phil

Welcome to BE. You are almost a neighbor. I'm in Mississippi, Gulf Coast Area.

May I invite you to join us at the US forums

USA - British Expats

Lots of lovely people populate this forum and are always looking forward to making new internet and sometimes, real life friends.

Have a read of the site rules above and if you run into any difficulties, please let one of the Moderators for that forum, i.e. Bob, Noorah101, know and they will be happy to assist you.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonPhil
hello, my name is Phil and have recently moved to New Orleans with my American wife. Originally from London but have spent the past five years in Oz. Just thought i'd stick my head in to say hello.
Welcome to BE.

You seem to have traveled round a bit.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

LondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete, i'm just having a look around in the USA forum just now.

Mikelincs, i've done a fair bit of travelling and living abroad over the past 16 years, the old adage has always rang true to me "travel broadens the mind"
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:46 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

NOLA is one of my fave cities, and one I've had the pleasure of spending a fair amount of time in - have fun! Enjoy the sights, the music and the ghosts!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonPhil
Thanks Rete, i'm just having a look around in the USA forum just now.

Mikelincs, i've done a fair bit of travelling and living abroad over the past 16 years, the old adage has always rang true to me "travel broadens the mind"

And empties the wallet. You not only travel but you have lived in other areas. Now that is a major plus in my book.

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Welcome!

NOLA is one of my fave cities, and one I've had the pleasure of spending a fair amount of time in - have fun! Enjoy the sights, the music and the ghosts!

Mine, as well. Have friends from NYC who will be visiting soon and we will be spending a few days in NOLA to drink, eat and look for ghosties.