Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New Member in Tenerife

New Member in Tenerife

Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

junglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nice
Default New Member in Tenerife

Hello , I'm new to the forum also and spend 9 months of year in Tenerife .I'm hoping to make some new acquaintances on here and give and get advice .
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member

Originally Posted by junglejim
Hello , I'm new to the forum also and spend 9 months of year in Tenerife .I'm hoping to make some new acquaintances on here and give and get advice .
Hi there junglejim and welcome to BE.

Let me see...I'm betting you're not spending the winter months in Scotland. I've not been to Tenerife for years...there was such a lot of construction going on...the island must be very built up by now.

Why don't you pop over to our Spain Forums and take a look around? Our members who post in the Spain Forums are a friendly bunch of folk...so make yourself at home.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need any further help.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

junglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nicejunglejim is just really nice

Yes Winters in the sun but Christmas in Scotland ! Like everywhere in Europe buildings at standstill , youth unemployment in Tenerife 55% and will be for 2/3 years .
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by junglejim
Yes Winters in the sun but Christmas in Scotland ! Like everywhere in Europe buildings at standstill , youth unemployment in Tenerife 55% and will be for 2/3 years .
and Hogmanay.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:15 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member in Tenerife

Hi Junglejim

Welcome to BE. I see you have been pointed in the direction of the Spain forum which also covers the Canaries, where I am sure you will find lots of new friends to help you with tips and advice, or folks who are also resdient in Tenerife.
I have been to Tenerife several times over the years - lovely island - but last time I was there the prices seemed to have shot up. Is that still the case?

I can see why you return to Scotland for Christmas - having seen some of those traditional Scottish Hogmonay rituals !!!!! That said I bet you're glad to return to the sunshine afterwards...

Good luck

Dread - x