Reload this Page >

New Member living in Westport, Connecticut

New Member living in Westport, Connecticut

Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

thebritishrealtor is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New Member living in Westport, Connecticut

Hi Everyone
My name is Jane Jones. I moved to Westport, CT with my husband and two daughters 10 years ago. My kids are now 11 and 15 and they love the American lifestyle! And of course we all love the Summers!! My husband works in New York and I work as a real estate agent here. I remember how daunting it was when we first arrived here - we may speak (roughly!) the same langauge but everything else here is SO different to the UK. It takes a while to get settled but it is really worth it in the end. So if you are about to move to the States I wish you really good luck. In the meantime I'm hoping to connect with other Brits in the area......
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member living in Westport, Connecticut

Hi Jane

Welcome to BE, and thank you for introducing yourself.

My friend said the same as you about the setting in process when she first moved to the US.
We have a forum on expats devoted to expats living in the USA. You will find the forum by pressing the [B]forum index[B] buttonm on the pink bar at the top of this page and scroll down the first set of lists until you see USA, then just double click and you're in.
The main thing is to just jump in, introduce yourself on there and join in the discussions. I am sure there are lots of expats living near to you and it won't be long before you have made some new friends in our little cyber world. Also you will probably be able to offer some great tips and advice from your experiences to help new people moving to the area.
Once you posted three times you can also send private messages to other members too.

Jump in, get involved and just enjoy the fun and the banter.
If you find you need help navigating the forum, please come back to here and we will do our best to assist you.

Good luck and enjoy

Dread - x