Reload this Page >

New Member - Just Saying "Hello"

New Member - Just Saying "Hello"

Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

CASUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member - Just Saying "Hello"

Hello!

I am a New Member to BE however I have been reading posts on the site for a number of months now.

I am British born currently living in Ontario, Canada with my Canadian kids (in the process of obtaining British Passports for them). Divorced their father (abusive relationship). I have Sole Custody and their father has Supervised Access ONLY.

Planning to move home for good February/March 2018 to St. Albans, Hertfordshire.

Main problem: Renting from outside of the UK. I can find accommodation but not being there to sign Rental Agreements, etc is an issue.

Anyway, I'll be sure to find the right forum to get your feedback and thoughts!

CASUK
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member - Just Saying "Hello"

Originally Posted by CASUK
I am British born currently living in Ontario, Canada with my Canadian kids (in the process of obtaining British Passports for them). Divorced their father (abusive relationship). I have Sole Custody and their father has Supervised Access ONLY.
Would the OP considers getting Canadian Citizenship before returning to the UK if not already done so?

I only asked because the the OP's children, as dual British / Canadian citizens, may one day move back to Canada for good. Having Canadian citizenship means that the OP can visit and stay in Canada without any problem if one of the children return to settle in Canada.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

Thank you for stopping in and introducing yourself. We have many expats who are or have moved back to the UK after time abroad. We have set up a lively forum to answer just about any question you may have about the process for you and your children. You can find it all here:

Moving back to the UK - British Expats

Posting your questions there is the way to go and in the Canadian forums if you have questions about exiting Canada.

Again, welcome to BE and much success in your travels home.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Hello HKG3:

Thanks for your prompt response!

"OP" stands for...?

(I am British born - British Citizenship. Kid's father has Canadian Citizenship. Kids have Canadian Citizenship but will soon have British Citizenship too). I am returning home to the UK after divorcing their dad. He cannot have the children due to abuse).

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rete and HKG3:

I have since posted on the other forum: Moving Back to the UK.

HKG3: I would love to hear from you there!

Thanks!!
CASUK
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CASUK
Hello HKG3:

Thanks for your prompt response!

"OP" stands for...?

(I am British born - British Citizenship. Kid's father has Canadian Citizenship. Kids have Canadian Citizenship but will soon have British Citizenship too). I am returning home to the UK after divorcing their dad. He cannot have the children due to abuse).

Thanks in advance!
OP = original poster or original post.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

HKG3

Yes! Will obtain Citizenship prior to leaving (for various reasons). Nice idea.

Thank you.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 8:06 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary