Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New Member in Connecticut.

New Member in Connecticut.

Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:43 pm
Banned

Stirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to all
Default New Member in Connecticut.

Hi, I've lived in the States since 1976. Ten years in midtown Manhattan and the remainder in Hartford, CT. Emigrated from London, but born in Birmingham (Stirchley).
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:03 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member

Originally Posted by Stirchley
Hi, I've lived in the States since 1976. Ten years in midtown Manhattan and the remainder in Hartford, CT. Emigrated from London, but born in Birmingham (Stirchley).
Yow frum Sturchlay? Ar went to Sturchlay Infants when I was a kid.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:50 pm
Banned

Stirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to allStirchley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dunroving
Yow frum Sturchlay? Ar went to Sturchlay Infants when I was a kid.
Is that supposed to be a Brum accent?

I was born in Selly Oak Hospital in 1951 and attended Stirchley Junior and Infants School, which still exists. How about you?
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I was born in Selly Oak Hospital in 1951 and attended Stirchley Junior and Infants School, which still exists. How about you?
Well, I didn't have my Brummie dictionary to hand in order to check my spelling ...

Born in Taunton but we moved to Birmingham when I was 3, lived with our nan and granddad in Handsworth until our dad could afford a house, in Selly Park, then we moved to council flats when we were 11 (Bartley Green, then the city centre). Went to Stirchley Infants, St. Laurence Junior, and Bournville Grammar-Tech for Boys. Learned to swim in the Cadbury factory swimming pool.

I didn't go back to Brum for 20 years but revisited a couple of summers ago, very mixed feelings. Our council flats had been demolished because they had gone to ruin through vandalism and drug addicts. Places stay the same in your mind and when you go back and see how they have changed it can be a shock to the system.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:40 pm
Banned

Middle bro lives in Bourneville. He ran for parliament in the last election, but was unable to gain a Conservative seat. Mother used to work for Cadbury. Was last in Stirchley 12 years and didn't think it had changed that much. We lived at the top of Fordhouse Lane and our cul-de-sac hasn't changed one iota.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:43 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Forum. We have an Excellent USA Section, I see you have already found the Lounge. If you get any issues contact one of the Management Team

Once again Welcome.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member in Connecticut.

Welcome to BE.

I see you're already making yourself at home. We have a great crowd in the US forums and The Lounge...some British expats...some Americans...plus a few other nationalities too.

As you are posting in The Lounge...you may want to take a look at this tongue in cheek thread.

Please let me know if you need help with anything.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

There's a few members in the CT area now, which is pretty nice
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The 'Ar' was the Taunton influence.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 11:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

As you are posting in The Lounge...you may want to take a look at this tongue in cheek thread
Oh dear, I've already broken the first rule.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, I've already broken the first rule.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
lol...that's because it's as well to get to know some of the personalities before you post. Some comments may seem offensive to a new member...when they're not intended to...or maybe it's just sarcastic ribbing amongst old cyber friends.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 4:58 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I was brought up in Selly Park - small world
Old Jul 10th 2010, 1:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by yummybrummy
I like your moniker! I think my youngest bro went to Selly Park Secondary Modern.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 7:10 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by yummybrummy
What part of Selly Park? I spent about 8 years growing up in Mayfield Avenue, off Pershore Road ... we used to jump over the spiked fence at the back of our garden and run around the playing fields and the woods at the back.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:22 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

I like your moniker! I think my youngest bro went to Selly Park Secondary Modern.
Hehe thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.