Reload this Page >

New Member from Cincinnati

New Member from Cincinnati

Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:34 am
Just Joined

ES1943 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member from Cincinnati

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined this wonderful site after discovering it a few days ago.

I emigrated to the US in 1963 and have lived in several states and now reside in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm originally from Lancashire and I think the Over 50s and Over 60s forum is probably where I belong!

Elaine
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:30 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member from Cincinnati

Hi Elaine

Welcome to BE.
Hey we don't discriminate on age here - we welcome all members.

We have a forum on here dedicated to expats living in the USA. You will find it by pressing the forum indextab on the pink bar at the top of this page. Scroll down the list of countires until you see USA, then just double click on that and you're in. Just introduce yourself and don't be afraid to join in posting on any of the threads.
This forum is full of good folks of all ages and from all parts of the US, so I am sure you will find it fun to get involved in the ongoing discussions, and probably come accross some people living in your area.
Also with your experiences since 1963, you will have lots of advice and good tips to offer any new members moving to the USA for the first time, which they will very much appreciate.

Once you have made three posts, you will also be able to use the private messaging service to contact other members.

So don't be shy, get stuck in and enjoy the fun and banter.
If you find you need help navigating the site, please come back to here and we will do our best to assist you.

Dread - x
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I'm looking forward to participating and especially hearing from folks who have returned to the North of England.

I'm not very computer techno savvy so I'll likely be back for guidance.

Have a good weekend.

Elaine
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:17 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao Elaine! Welcome to the forum! Where in t' North are you from originally?? I'm North West - Manchester!!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Elaine...welcome to BE.

Are you thinking about returning to the UK? I think many expats start to think about returning to our roots as we get older. You may be interested in our Moving Back To The UK Forum...why don't you pop over there, take a look around?

Being as you are living in the UK this is the link to our US Forums.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Englishtart...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jerseygirl!

Thanks for the welcome. I've been browsing the Over 50s/60s Moving Back to the UK site for a couple of days. It has a wealth of information that's for sure and I'm printing off info like crazy.

I'm still in the US - Cincinnati, OH - but giving very serious thought to returning to the Lancashire/Cumbria area in the UK. I'm trying to get my condo decluttered so I can put it on the market - which hopefully by that time will be in a little better shape.

Elaine
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Ciao Elaine! Welcome to the forum! Where in t' North are you from originally?? I'm North West - Manchester!!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I was born in Radcliffe - near Bury/Little Lever/Bolton area. And you? I go back usually once a year and stay with a childhood friend who lives in Little Lever.

Life in Italy sounds wonderful!

Elaine
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ES1943
Hi Jerseygirl!

Thanks for the welcome. I've been browsing the Over 50s/60s Moving Back to the UK site for a couple of days. It has a wealth of information that's for sure and I'm printing off info like crazy.

I'm still in the US - Cincinnati, OH - but giving very serious thought to returning to the Lancashire/Cumbria area in the UK. I'm trying to get my condo decluttered so I can put it on the market - which hopefully by that time will be in a little better shape.

Elaine
The Over 50s/60s is a great thread isn't it? I'm pleased you're managing to gather lots of useful information from the MBTTUK forum. What did we do before the internet eh?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 9:35 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elaine

Glad to see you're getting the hang of things on the forums.
And if you are moving back to the UK, then good luck - and welcome home.

Dread - x
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Good Morning!

Well I'm obviously computer challenged when it comes to participating in these wonderful forums! I did send a message yesterday (Sunday) to the Over 50s, etc. forum. I went to the last page (381/382-ish) and hit Subscribe to this Thread, typed a brief note, and hit Send but I don't see my message so I'm assuming I erred in some way! Participating in a forum is a first for me so I will have to ask for patience until I get the hang of things.

Guidance appreciated! Thanks.

Elaine
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Good Morning!

Well I'm obviously computer challenged when it comes to participating in these wonderful forums! I did send a message yesterday (Sunday) to the Over 50s, etc. forum. I went to the last page (381/382-ish) and hit Subscribe to this Thread, typed a brief note, and hit Send but I don't see my message so I'm assuming I erred in some way! Participating in a forum is a first for me so I will have to ask for patience until I get the hang of things.

Guidance appreciated! Thanks.

Elaine
You don't need to hit 'Subscribe to this thread' to make a post. Either hit 'New Reply' which is at the bottom left hand side of the last post...it is also at the top left hand side at the beginning of the thread. If you want to reply to a post...hit the blue 'Quote' tab at the bottom right hand side of the post.

As you're a new member if your post or the post you are replying to contains a link it will not show immediately. It's a feature we use to block spammers.

Hope this helps...if not come back and we'll go from there.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks! I'll have another go a little later ... off to the outlets momentarily. Your help is much appreciated ...Elaine
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Many thanks! I'll have another go a little later ... off to the outlets momentarily. Your help is much appreciated ...Elaine
You're posting in this thread OK...you do exactly the same when posting in any thread as you've been doing in this one.

Happy shopping.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:56 pm

Hi Elaine

Don't worry you will soon get the hang of it. I see Jerseygirl has given you a couple of tips, once you follow those, there will be no stopping you.
That's what we folks are here for.

Dread - x
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Hi - again!

I am so sorry to be such a pest and I'm feeling dumber than a box of bricks trying to maneuver around this site but now I cannot locate the replies I've received!! You'll probably want to incorporate brain scans of new members after dealing with me! When I click on the link in the email notifications it takes me to the Over 50s thread but I don't see any replies to my email ... but I know I've had umpteen responses from all the email notifications I've received!!

Thank goodness for bourbon!!! And thanks for your patience and assistance.

Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.