New member!

Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:38 am
Just Joined

cristina_guerrero is a jewel in the roughcristina_guerrero is a jewel in the roughcristina_guerrero is a jewel in the roughcristina_guerrero is a jewel in the roughcristina_guerrero is a jewel in the rough
Default New member!

Hi I'm Cris and just new in this forum...I actually need some advise about my situation.
I've been to UK couple weeks ago..I spent 5 weeks in London, visiting my BF.

I just got back to Doha, where I work for a living. I'd like to come back there as soon as possible. I was thinking to renew my visa though not expired yet. Is that possible to get a visa for one year valid or so? How longer can I stay?

Please advise.

Thanks, Cris

Last edited by cristina_guerrero; Sep 14th 2011 at 6:40 am.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:57 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member!

Originally Posted by cristina_guerrero
Hi I'm Cris and just new in this forum...I actually need some advise about my situation.

I just got back to Doha, where I work for a living. I'd like to come back there as soon as possible. I was thinking to renew my visa though not expired yet. Is that possible to get a visa for one year valid or so? How longer can I stay?

Please advise.

Thanks, Cris
Hello Cris,

I take it you mean Doha, Qatar ... and that you are not a citizen of the UK but hold a UK Visa of some type?

Most of us are British Citizens who have emigrated to other places —hence the name of the web-site— so that we aren't trying to obtain rights in the UK that we already have.

Still, some may have married non-Britons and return to the UK, why not try posting in the Middle East Forums and be sure to read the stickied threads at the top of each.

But before you begin, be sure to take a look through BE Wiki.

Blue Cat is the Concierge for the Middle East, and can act as your tour-guide.

For other problems or concerns, please contact a moderator, or admin (Sue).

The moderators for the Middle East forums are: NorthernLad, Bob, and rowel.

Jerseygirl will be by in only a few hours (because of the time difference) to see that you're properly welcomed, and properly set up for links and contacts.

But until you are better welcomed, greetings from Ontario, Canada!

With every good wish,
Christian
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:25 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please advise.

Thanks, Cris
Hi cristina,

Welcome to BE.

Are you asking about visas for the UK?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:06 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cris

Welcome to BE.
I think Christian has probably given you the best forum to ask about a UK visa. If you cannot find the answer there, then I would look up the British Embassy website where they have a 'contact us' tab - you can send an e amil asking your question about visas directly to the embassy.
It's good to hear you enjoyed your trip to the UK and good luck with your planned return trip

Dread - x
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please advise.

Thanks, Cris
Hello Cris...welcome to BE.

Am I correct in assuming you are enquiring about a UK visa? If so I suggest you repost your questions in the Moving Back To The UK Forum. Several of the people who post in that forum have moved/or are in the process of moving back to the UK with non British spouses...they may be able to give you advice.

Please shout out if you require assistance with anything...there is usually someone around 24/7 to help out.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:47 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

visit visas allow upto 180 day visit. 6 month visas are routinely issued. If you want longer visas you need to show that you have travelled and not overstayed. visit visas are not meant to allow you to live in the UK. Even a 2 year visa allows you only to stay upto 180 days. if you travel regularly for short holidays you should be fine but if the IO thinks you are living in the UK you will encounter problems.