Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New on here - Live in Canada

New on here - Live in Canada

Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:02 am
Banned

wonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nice
Default New on here - Live in Canada

Hello

Lived here 4 yrs and Citizenship in progress. Guess I am staying. I missed UK on and off but less so now than initially, definitely a culture shock but not too heavily as I adapt well, course we all miss aspects of UK life and ways but some things are just better here and that is one thing that keeps me going and keeps me here.

Love the lifestyle here and the fact we are not overtaxed. I don't miss 'overtaxed UK' in any case.

I also find it pretty friendly over here.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New on here - Live in Canada

Hi and welcome to BE, I see you are finding your way around the forums ok. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. If you ever get stuck on any of the site's bells and whistles please let myself, the Moderators, or the Concierges a shout anytime and will be happy to help. The moderators for the Canada forum are iaink and christmasoompa and the Concierges are AmyDavid and The Aviator. You can also post any questions/suggestions/feedback in our Site Feedback forum.

Once again Welcome!

Sue
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wonderfulperson
Hello

Lived here 4 yrs and Citizenship in progress. Guess I am staying. I missed UK on and off but less so now than initially, definitely a culture shock but not too heavily as I adapt well, course we all miss aspects of UK life and ways but some things are just better here and that is one thing that keeps me going and keeps me here.

Love the lifestyle here and the fact we are not overtaxed. I don't miss 'overtaxed UK' in any case.

I also find it pretty friendly over here.
Hi there...welcome aboard.

I see you've already started to join in our group of expats. Be aware...BE is very addictive. Before you know it you'll be hooked and won't be able to step away from the keyboard.

From what I've heard about BC you're living in a fabulous part of the world. I think many of us will always miss aspect of life in the UK. Some are better some are not...the way I see it is that it's just different.

Good luck with the citizenship process.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:23 pm
Banned

wonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to BE, I see you are finding your way around the forums ok. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. If you ever get stuck on any of the site's bells and whistles please let myself, the Moderators, or the Concierges a shout anytime and will be happy to help. The moderators for the Canada forum are iaink and christmasoompa and the Concierges are AmyDavid and The Aviator. You can also post any questions/suggestions/feedback in our Site Feedback forum.

Once again Welcome!

Sue
Thanks for that, and the warm welcome

It's a great site, can't help browsing and interacting on the forum.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi there...welcome aboard.

I see you've already started to join in our group of expats. Be aware...BE is very addictive. Before you know it you'll be hooked and won't be able to step away from the keyboard.

From what I've heard about BC you're living in a fabulous part of the world. I think many of us will always miss aspect of life in the UK. Some are better some are not...the way I see it is that it's just different.

Good luck with the citizenship process.
For sure it is.. I agree, different.

But I like different, and I like all that is here as I never get bored here, I did in UK too often. Course I will always miss friends and family there, but I have great friends here too and am in touch with my family back home daily.