Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New here:-) a bit unusual

New here:-) a bit unusual

Old Dec 1st 2012, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

feathersandall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New here:-) a bit unusual

Hello, I am new here and perhaps a bit unusual as I am actually American born with a Spanish father but moved to the UK quite young and married young as well to an Englishman. Now being back in states is very hard and I am not adjusting after years of living in England. Americans are treating me like an ExPat! I was raised in a more European style environment (Spain) and also must have picked up many things from being in England so long (and married to it lol).
Hope to make warm acquaintances here & wish you all the best of luck!

Last edited by feathersandall; Dec 1st 2012 at 7:10 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all
Default Re: New here:-) a bit unusual

Originally Posted by feathersandall
Hello, I am new here and perhaps a bit unusual as I am actually American born with a Spanish father but moved to the UK quite young and married young as well to an Englishman. Now being back in states is very hard and I am not adjusting after years of living in England. Americans are treating me like an ExPat! I was raised in a more European style environment (Spain) and also must have picked up many things from being in England so long (and married to it lol).
Hope to make warm acquaintances here & wish you all the best of luck!
OMG! and I thought I was a complicated person....well Howdy, Hola and How do you do.. You'll find everything you need to know here...sooo many helpful people you won't believe it until you start asking specific questions and then find how many replies you get
Welcome to the community, ask anything you like...my specialities are... Good Cheese, Bacon, Good Beer. Classic Cars, Photography...and er,...using my imagination to confuse you
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 6:49 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Feather and a warm to the forum. Do please check out the USA sections of this forum. I think you should be able to find OK but, if you get stuck, just give us a shout.

How long have you been in the USA? Just moved? Yes that must be very strange for you. I must admit, last time I went back to the UK (I am UK born) I felt like I didn't belong there. Places change you, don't they.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

feathersandall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody!
Yes it is very strange how places change and us with them. I have been here for 3 years (5 on/off much spent in Germany a little in Oxfordshire and London too) after my husband and I separated and reconciled several times . I am American by birth but somehow less so now...lol I hope that others understand and maybe I'll meet some kindred spirits here. I will post over on the America board and find out
So glad to meet some warm & sympathetic souls

All the best
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 1:29 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

....and all the best to you too. I'm sure you'll make a few cyberfriends (and maybe real life friends) over in the USA section. Happy posting
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Places change you, don't they.
Yes they do , even if you don't quite realise that for a while.

Kia Ora from New Zealand Feathersanall.
Have a good browse around this BE place and get acquainted. I;m sure you;ll find many people who understand and will share.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 3:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary