Reload this Page >

New here....... American working with Brits

New here....... American working with Brits

Old Apr 18th 2012, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

angelic.devil is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink New here....... American working with Brits

Hi all,

I'm new here, just joined at the suggestion of a colleague. I am American but I work for a British company in Fort Worth, Texas. I work with and for approximately 50 Brits who are seconded here from the Manchester area. I am joining in the hope of broadening my knowledge of resources available to them while they are living and working here. Plus, I just love England and English people in general, so I was hoping to maybe make some new friends

Anyway, so that's me. If anyone is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area let me know! Or if not, can always send me an email!

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone.

J
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here....... American working with Brits

As I am also from the Mcr area but in NC ..welcome to the BE site.
Numerous others will also welcome you but be aware that British 'humour' ( that's the English version) can take a bit of getting used to. If you work with Brits, over time you will understand. Take and give humor and banter and enjoy. Join in ....but dont take offense easily,....you have been warned
Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelic.devil
Hi all,

I'm new here, just joined at the suggestion of a colleague. I am American but I work for a British company in Fort Worth, Texas. I work with and for approximately 50 Brits who are seconded here from the Manchester area. I am joining in the hope of broadening my knowledge of resources available to them while they are living and working here. Plus, I just love England and English people in general, so I was hoping to maybe make some new friends

Anyway, so that's me. If anyone is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area let me know! Or if not, can always send me an email!

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone.

J
to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Welcome Inn forum...it gives us a better chance to welcome you to BE in this forum.

We have several lively US forums....why don't you pop over there and take a look around.

Please shout out if you need help with anything. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

angelic.devil is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, Dogbyte, I am quite familiar with the humour and in fact prefer it to American humor ;-) my ex husband was a Brit and I've worked with these guys for 2 years now.... I've been told I was born on the wrong continent!

Many thanks for the welcome.... looking forward to being on here.

J x
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelic.devil
Ah, Dogbyte, I am quite familiar with the humour and in fact prefer it to American humor ;-) my ex husband was a Brit and I've worked with these guys for 2 years now.... I've been told I was born on the wrong continent!

Many thanks for the welcome.... looking forward to being on here.

J x
Oh right, Americans have humour !
Old Apr 19th 2012, 2:15 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi J

Welcome to BE from me too.

If you like the Brit humour you are gonna like it here me thinks.

Enjoy and have fun

Dread - x
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:20 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Hello J and welcome to the BE forums. You will love this little community. Find new friends... I am one

Cheers
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary