Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New, happy to be seperated but a little scared.....

New, happy to be seperated but a little scared.....

Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

ALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really nice
Default New, happy to be seperated but a little scared.....

Hi,
My names Alice, I've lived in Germany for 22 years and have three beautiful children. Now with a marriage break-up behind me, I'm hoping to move back to England next year(but to beautiful Cornwall this time, my sister lives there too) My biggest concern is my 9 year old son who is a big fan of all things German and can't imagine living in England. yes, the childrens father is here but up to now shows no real interest in seeing them regularly (or paying maintenance!) A part of me must come to terms with the possability that my son may choose to come back here again, or even be very unhappy in England...its complicated and I just wanted to know if anyone els had similar problems when wanting to move home
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:50 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of
Default Re: New, happy to be seperated but a little scared.....

Hi Alice!
I brought my daughter back to the Uk when she was 9. She was totally opposed to the idea and cried for hours every night for 3 weeks before we left Australia. She said things like 'England's ok for holidays but I really don't want to live there'.
However, we took her for a 'trial' afternoon at her new school just before they finished for the summer holidays and she never looked back. She loved it from day 1. Germany is all your son has known, so his apprehension is understandable, but I think he's still young enough to adapt. He may decide to go back sometime in the future, but that's a worry for then, if it happens.

Good luck!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALICE-EMMA
Hi,
My names Alice, I've lived in Germany for 22 years and have three beautiful children. Now with a marriage break-up behind me, I'm hoping to move back to England next year(but to beautiful Cornwall this time, my sister lives there too) My biggest concern is my 9 year old son who is a big fan of all things German and can't imagine living in England. yes, the childrens father is here but up to now shows no real interest in seeing them regularly (or paying maintenance!) A part of me must come to terms with the possability that my son may choose to come back here again, or even be very unhappy in England...its complicated and I just wanted to know if anyone els had similar problems when wanting to move home
Hello Alice and welcome to BE.

May I suggest you take a look through some of the threads in this forum? If you would like to open a thread in there you're bound to hear from a few members who are in/have been in a similar position.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:49 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ALICE-EMMA,

We've have many members who have got experiences similar to yours. If you follow the link JerseyGirl gave you it will take you to our Moving Back to the UK forum where you can chat with others moving back. I'm sure you will make many friends there.

In the meantime if you have any questions about how to use the bells and whistles on the site please give me a shout.

Sue
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

ALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really niceALICE-EMMA is just really nice
Smile Re: New, happy to be seperated but a little scared.....

Hi CEM, Jerseygirl and Sue,
Many thanks for your thoughts. After living the last six monthes with only big problems for company, it was really wonderful to have some positive feedback again. CEM, your right, at the worse thats tomorrows problem and the quote from Jerseygirl made me giggle because after living 22 years in Germany, it just sounded sooo English.
Nice to be back amongst the living, thanks again Alice