the new guy

Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

goosieboy30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the new guy

hi there guys n galls

my name is Andy i'm 30 years old and if you have read my threads on the other pages you will see myself and my wife, a 3 year old and 13 year old foster daughter hopefuly soon to be adopted are looking to emigrate.
we have not got a clue where we want to go but have come to the conclusion that britain is not the place for us.
can i just say what a wonderful forum this is,the info from everyone thats posted has been out of this world and much appriciated.
not all has been good news but i don't expect probably he biggest move of our lifes to be a walk in the park.
all we want is to be happy and have a wonderful future.
our little girl has had the worst start to her life you could imagine and we feel a fresh start would be us complete.

so again thank you to everyone and hopefully 1 day i will meet some people that helped us and buy them a wee tipple.

andy
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new guy

Hi Andy & to BE. Pleased to hear that you are finding the forums useful.

Immigrating to a new country is something of a roller-coaster ride but most of us have been through it & survived .

Good luck with all your plans.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

goosieboy30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you rosemary no doubt u will hear from me in the near future

Andy
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

Welcome to BE. Looks like you are finding your way around ok, and I hope you are enjoying being part of our little virtual community and getting to know everyone.

Sue
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:41 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy

Welcome to BE from me too and all the best with finding your place to give you the happy life you seek

Dread - x
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Hi Andy,

Myself, along with my wife and our 2 youngest, (15-17 however) made our first ex-pat move in September. Just wanted to say, yes there will be lots of supporters and you will also have your fair share of detractors... in the end of the day it has to be your families decision, only you know what is best for you.

For me... so wish we had done this many years ago, its been a great decision, not everyday is full of highs, however we are all happy and settled and enjoying a quality of life that sadly the UK was not able to sustain. So if you all decide the ex-pat life is for you then give it a go, and go for it. Don't settle for living a life of 'if's, but's and what-if's.'

I never mentioned where we are enjoying this new life, but as we decided on Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia, then please enjoy the 'wee tipple' as I don't want you to get to know the inside of a Saudi cell.

All the best.