Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New Expat member.

New Expat member.

Old Jul 2nd 2017, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

kemerkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Expat member.

Hi my name is Pete. I live in Turkey at the moment and am thinking of moving to the US. I have many relatives living in America and one of them has advised me to join this forum with a view to garnering some information on the best way to go about it. I am already a member of a vBulletin powered forum so much of this one looks fairly familiar to me. However I will spend some time looking around before I start posting in ernest.

I look forward to enjoying many useful exchanges with you all,

Pete.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 10:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Expat member.

Hi Pete and welcome to BE

We have a large US forum with sub-forums that deal strictly with immigration issues and multiple expats with exceptional knowledge to assist you answer your questions.

Emigrating to the US is NOT easy unless you are able to get a work visa or have parents to sponsor you for an immigration visa. Siblings can sponsor but it takes 12 to 15 years for a visa to become available.

Before you start posting, we ask that you have a read of the site rules linked in the beige header above.

Look forward to seeing you in the US forum.

BTW we also have a forum for Turkey.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the welcome Rete, Rules duly read and understood.

As you had said there are some useful and relevant posts on the forum some of which I have read, I intend to do plenty of reading here and at any links that get thrown up.

Best wishes,

Pete.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 11:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete...welcome to BE.

Take a look at the following routes enabling a move to the US. If you fit into one of them you may be in with a chance.

Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki

Also take a look around our US Immigration forum...

US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas - British Expats

Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jerseygirl and thank you for the welcome.

My Turkish wife and myself entered the Green Card Lottery about 15 years ago and paid for lifelong membership (in it till you win it) but let it lapse 10 years ago. I have been trying to pick up the pieces but can't seem to get back into the scheme. I can only converse with them via email and I am just going round in circles. I now find that there is more tham one lottery but only one is valid. The scheme I was in was supposidly connected to the State Department but even with our registration membership numbers I am floundering.

Pete.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kemerkid
Hi Jerseygirl and thank you for the welcome.

My Turkish wife and myself entered the Green Card Lottery about 15 years ago and paid for lifelong membership (in it till you win it) but let it lapse 10 years ago. I have been trying to pick up the pieces but can't seem to get back into the scheme. I can only converse with them via email and I am just going round in circles. I now find that there is more tham one lottery but only one is valid. The scheme I was in was supposidly connected to the State Department but even with our registration membership numbers I am floundering.

Pete.
As this forum is basically to 'meet and greet' new members to BE...you would be best to post in the US Immigration forum. The link to the forum is in my first post. Perhaps the people who frequent that forum can help you.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

In that case, I am really pleased to meet you and Rete and look forward to meeting more members soon.

I will post in the other threads after I have had a good read.

Pete.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by kemerkid
In that case, I am really pleased to meet you and Rete and look forward to meeting more members soon.

I will post in the other threads after I have had a good read.

Pete.
Rather than posting in an existing thread...I recommend you open a new thread. That way your questions won't be lost in an existing thread.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary