Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New to the boards-in the US

New to the boards-in the US

Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

NYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really nice
Default New to the boards-in the US

Hi everyone, Peter here, I live in NYC with my American wife of 13 yrs and our 2 kids.

Found this place by chance trying to find information on getting my kids UK passports which is a pain because they were adopted.

Good luck to all
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the boards

Originally Posted by NYCBrit
Hi everyone, Peter here, I live in NYC with my American wife of 13 yrs and our 2 kids.

Found this place by chance trying to find information on getting my kids UK passports which is a pain because they were adopted.

Good luck to all
Hi there Peter
Welcome to BE, we have lots of Brits on BE that live in your neck of the woods, I am the Concierge for the US Forum, so if you need any help with navigating the Forum, let me know.

We have folks with adopted kids that may be able to help with your specific questions too, come on into the US forum, maybe read a few of the older threads, the link is here
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

NYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really niceNYCBrit is just really nice

Thanks for the welcome and the link. I am off to do lots of reading!!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome and the link. I am off to do lots of reading!!
Good idea Could take a while, we do a lot of chatting
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to all
Hi there and welcome to BE.

I'm pleased you have found us. Although are membership is made up of mostly British expats we do have many other nationalities...including many American members. Many of our members live either in NYC or in the NY Met area...including myself.

If you have any issues please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7. There is at least one moderator assigned to each forum...their names can be found on the bottom right hand side of that forum's index page. Mods' names are written in bold font and concierges' names in standard font.

I'll no doubt meet up with you in the US forums...see you there.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Good idea Could take a while, we do a lot of chatting
Nice idea, but the chatroom, wont work for me
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jersey,
Thanks for the welcome, its a warm and fuzzy place this!
See You in the forums
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

ET meant general chatter on the forums. We are having access issues with the Chat Room...to be honest it isn't greatly used. We use the forums as a general chat room...especially the Trailer Park.

Please give me a shout if you need help with anything.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, sorry about that, I should have been a bit clearer. To be honest, I forget about the chatroom, only tried going in once and it wasn't working. Like JG said, we just use the forum threads to chat in. After members have posted at least three times, they can send private messages to members too, sometimes that can be a better way to chat if you have a more personal question or just have a similar problem with another poster etc.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Yeah, sorry about that, I should have been a bit clearer. To be honest, I forget about the chatroom, only tried going in once and it wasn't working. Like JG said, we just use the forum threads to chat in. After members have posted at least three times, they can send private messages to members too, sometimes that can be a better way to chat if you have a more personal question or just have a similar problem with another poster etc.
Although, I'll add that the major value of the forum is reading what others have done in similar situations, so we like it when people discuss on the board vs private message.

Unless it's about your skin mange. You can keep that in PM.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by meauxna
Although, I'll add that the major value of the forum is reading what others have done in similar situations, so we like it when people discuss on the board vs private message.

Agree with you...it's more beneficial to others to discuss things on the forums than in PMs. I don't have a mange problems and therefore don't send many PMs.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Agree with you...it's more beneficial to others to discuss things on the forums than in PMs. I don't have a mange problems and therefore don't send many PMs.
That's true, it was really just to let her know that PM's are a forum option, I use them more often lately, but mostly for stuff you guys wouldn't be interested in
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:17 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the boards-in the US

Good luck to all
Hi Peter and family

I see you have been pointed in the right direction which just leaves me to add a welcome to BE from me too.
I am sure you will find the answers to your questions on here, as well as have some fun bantering on the forum.

Good luck

Dread - x