Reload this Page >

Need help-British national living in the us

Need help-British national living in the us

Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

kingshahine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help-British national living in the us

Originally Posted by meauxna
You need to understand that no, you can not do that.
You know about the DREAM Act? You are one of those kids.

If you're serious about planning for your future, you should consider getting a start in the UK. It's not going to get any easier here.
Yes i am aware of the dream act, but that seems to be a dream....

Maybe the california dream act will pass, but i see too much opposition at the federal level. AFter 2012 i have to move on i can't just sit on the sidelines until im 27 waiting for things to happen
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I sympathise with you but please consider what Sue, Meauxna and I have already said about your US status. You need to know all your options...you are only 20 with the whole world at your feet. Keep your options open as far as the US is concerned...get advice and our Imm forum is the first place to start.
jersey girl, do you have an email that i can contact you at?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingshahine
jersey girl, do you have an email that i can contact you at?
You can send me a Private Message here but I'm sorry I can't help you with any questions about US Immigration...that's what BE's Immigration forum is for.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 8th 2011 at 10:56 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It has been quite a number of years since a child could be included on the parents' passport, so I think Mum would have to start with an application for a new passport?

Presumably the parents also cannot leave the US so if he goes to the UK he might not be able to see them again.

Last edited by Sally Redux; Jun 8th 2011 at 10:50 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It has been quite a number of years since a child could be included on the parents' passport, so I think Mum would have to start with an application for a new passport?

Presumably the parents also cannot leave the US so if he goes to the UK he might not be able to see them again.
I don't think that comes into it Sally. When you apply for a new passport you have to give details of your parent's UK PP. In fact online the form tells you to provide the same details for a renewal.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that comes into it Sally. When you apply for a new passport you have to give details of your parent's UK PP. In fact online the form tells you to provide the same details for a renewal.
Yes but I'm saying I think the Mum is going to have to start from scratch on that if it's been a long time since she had a passport.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:02 am
Just Joined

So what is the best option then?

Since my mum doesn't have her passport, and i need her information, do i need to go get her passport first?

And what would happen if my mum wasn't here u know if she was deceased or something, would that mean i could never apply for my passport since she doesn't have hers?

the form online tells me i need her pp information
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Since my mum doesn't have her passport, and i need her information, do i need to go get her passport first?

And what would happen if my mum wasn't here u know if she was deceased or something, would that mean i could never apply for my passport since she doesn't have hers?

I've replied to your PM. Your best route is to contact Dean...he will help you.

Edit: Here's Dean's reply.

BTW this will not happen overnight. At the moment renewals are taking approx 3 months...it will be probably be longer for a new PP.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 9th 2011 at 12:27 am.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered writing or calling the UK passport authority? Your questions are beyond what's normal here. I don't think we've ever had anyone post with the same issue.

Also, you need to be more patient. There is one person from this entire site (maybe 2) who I think can help you. You just need to wait more than a few hours for him to turn up.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:43 am
Just Joined

I've replied to your PM. Your best route is to contact Dean...he will help you.

Edit: Here's Dean's reply.

BTW this will not happen overnight. At the moment renewals are taking approx 3 months...it will be probably be longer for a new PP.

3 months or longer? so i could be looking at 6 months for my new passport?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

3 months or longer? so i could be looking at 6 months for my new passport?
I doubt it...but it could take around 3 months or more. Don't make any travel plans until you have the PP in your hand.

BTW I think our Moving Back To The UK Forum will be very helpful to you. We have a great crowd of very helpful members who post in those forums...so if you post any questions you may have regarding the move home I'm sure you get some helpful replies. Also take a look in the BE Wiki.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Parlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to allParlay is a name known to all

Welcome to BE!

I can see you're already finding the forum helpful in resolving some of your issues. I do have a suggestion for you. Do you think it might be possible for you to find an immigration attorney and get a free consultation on what you can do to get legal resident status in the US as well? I understand your need for ID, I really do. But if I were in your situation I would see what I could do to fix my status in the US before I made any plans to move to the UK again. Since you might be unable to come back to the US again.