Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving teenagers to Melbourne from Scotland - school advice!

Moving teenagers to Melbourne from Scotland - school advice!

Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

sweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nice
Default Moving teenagers to Melbourne from Scotland - school advice!

Hi
We're looking to make the move after the summer term ends 2012. I have one child who will be finishing Standards Grades (finishing 4th year, going into 5th) and one who will be starting (finishing 2nd year, going into 3rd).

Anyone out there had similar experiences to share? I need to know they’ll be able to slot into the Australian education system without any problems.
Grateful for advice
Thanks!!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving teenagers to Melbourne from Scotland - school advice!

Hi sweetcheeks10,

Welcome to BE. I see you have already found our Australia forum and reposted your question there, and I'm sure you will get lots of great supplies as we have many members, like yourself, who have moved or are moving with kids.

So pleased you have joined our community and I'm sure you will enjoy being part of BE. If you ever have any site questions/concerns etc please don't hesitate to let me, the Moderators or a Concierge know. The Moderators for the Australia forum are: cresta57, moneypenny20, sonlymewalter and alistairboyle, and the Concierge is Kelli28
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sweetcheeks10
Hi
We're looking to make the move after the summer term ends 2012. I have one child who will be finishing Standards Grades (finishing 4th year, going into 5th) and one who will be starting (finishing 2nd year, going into 3rd).

Anyone out there had similar experiences to share? I need to know they’ll be able to slot into the Australian education system without any problems.
Grateful for advice
Thanks!!
Hi sweetcheeks and welcome to BE.

You're bound to get lots of helpful advice and info from the people who post in the Australia forums. Good luck.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:17 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sweetcheeks

Welcome to BE.
Glad to see you have found your way onto the Australia forum, I have no doubt you will find lots of great help and information on there to help your move go smoothly, as well as tips to help you settle there.

If your child is a teenager we have a forum just for teenagers, which they may find helpful. You will find it by clicking on the forum index button on the pink bar above. Scroll down past all the listed countries and it is in one of the other sections. I am sure any teenager will find it great to make contact with other expat kids for reassurance etc.

Good luck with your move

Dread - x
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:48 am
Just Joined

sweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nicesweetcheeks10 is just really nice

Thanks Dreed
That's really helpful - will get them online for a look