Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth, Australia

Moving to Perth, Australia

Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Location: I currently live just outside of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
xxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nice
Default Moving to Perth, Australia

Hi all,

I am a 32 year old female and my partner and I are looking into moving to Australia. I have wanted to move abroad for years but never had to courage to really look into it and make the move.

I feel I am ready now and we are both scouring thousands of websites looking for the right information, which I have to say ir majorly confusing, trying to decide which is the right website to register with, aarrggghhhh!!!!!

I work in IT, although have no formal qualifications for this at the moment, I am working through a Microsoft one just now. I have however got 7 years experience working in an IT Section. My partner has a qualification, recently gained, but no work experience in this field yet.

I am hoping we can get things moving really quickly, i would go the day before tomorrow if I could.

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Perth, Australia

Hi Ashley

Look at the government websites for Australia and see which visas you would be suitable for.
There are lots of different visas that will allow you to get into Australia.
Hopefully you will fit into a category and then just get the ball rolling.
Have you been over to perth for a holiday? Are you able to go over and see if you can get a job offer (maybe a quicker way to get a visa)

Good luck hope all goes well and that you get there soon.
Stay focussed and don't give up.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Perth, Australia

Originally Posted by xxAshleyLxx
Hi all,

I am a 32 year old female and my partner and I are looking into moving to Australia. I have wanted to move abroad for years but never had to courage to really look into it and make the move.

I feel I am ready now and we are both scouring thousands of websites looking for the right information, which I have to say ir majorly confusing, trying to decide which is the right website to register with, aarrggghhhh!!!!!

I work in IT, although have no formal qualifications for this at the moment, I am working through a Microsoft one just now. I have however got 7 years experience working in an IT Section. My partner has a qualification, recently gained, but no work experience in this field yet.

I am hoping we can get things moving really quickly, i would go the day before tomorrow if I could.

Thanks

Hello Ashely and welcome to BE.

I see you've already posted your questions in our Australian Immigration forum but if you need any further help finding your way around the many BE forums please shout out. There is usually a mod or admin available 24/7.