Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to perth in August v excited!

Moving to perth in August v excited!

Old Jun 17th 2013, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Sandra1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to perth in August v excited!

Me and my family (hubby and 2 kiddies) are off to sunny perth in august for a new adventure were on a sponcered visa through job hubby has any tips would be welcomed!!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to perth in August v excited!

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 18th 2013, 2:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra1234
Me and my family (hubby and 2 kiddies) are off to sunny perth in august for a new adventure were on a sponcered visa through job hubby has any tips would be welcomed!!
August is winter here in Australia, so my biggest tip would be to pack warm clothes and don't be too excited about "sunny" Perth. It's cold and wet here in winter.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 3:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to the forum I see you've discovered the Aus section of the forum already and that's the best place for your questions and queries. You'll find a good and helpful bunch of folks in there.

All the best with you move
Old Jun 18th 2013, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

We've had some lovely sunny wintry days but can indeed be cold at nights and early mornings. I like the cold but many are wrapped up.
Be warned the houses tend to be cold as well. They are seldom built for winter climes nor heat come to think of it.
You may need central heating or similar.

In my view winter is an ideal time to arrive in Perth, although late October would be perfect. Far better discovering what is around in cooler but pleasant conditions that the blazing heat from around Christmas time to mid March. IMO.

Perth Central area is undergoing a massive change. Things are finally kicking off in Perth that will make for a more vibrant place.
The economy is faltering somewhat as mining comes off the boom but with luck some of the prices may decline as well.

With hubby having a job to go to won't be of to ,much concern though. The big question will be where to live. Perth metro area is rather sprawling so a lot of considerations are probably required prior to settling for a pacific area.

Good luck with the move.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

neilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant future

hi sandra, where in perth are you moving to? me and my family are in the process of immigration to perth from scotland too
Old Jun 24th 2013, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra, have a great time in Perth.